killey...

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
keenish27

killey...

Post by keenish27 »

ok... i saw a thread about recruiting this guy...but it didn't exactly help me. i freed him from the jail, but i never got the scene with him at my castle. i'm now at the point where i just got my hq back and oboro says hes at the sluice gate....but hes nowhere in those ruins. any ideas on where he is?
Buff

Post by Buff »

i say try taking lorelai and zwegi with you to the sluice gates. since your suppose to take them with you when you leave your castle on the east side after you get your castle. so try that to see if it works.
keenish27

Post by keenish27 »

yeah, i just tried that, didn't work. just makes me sad, hes the only guy i'm missing =(.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Simple enough. 3 steps are necessary:

1) FREE him from Agate Prison (needs Lorelai and Cius in party)
2) MEET him in the access bridge of HQ (needs Zweig in party)
3) RECRUIT him in Deep Twilight Ruins (needs Zweig and Lorelai in party, but the game takes care of that)

Step #2 is your problem, right? Well, at first it seems like you only need Zweig in your party roster ... actually, it took me to "physically" exit and enter the HQ (no use of Blinking Mirror/Viki) to trigger it.

Also, it was somewhat random ... it didn't occur right after I freed him. So long as you don't rush through the game and take your time to recruit other SoDs, hoarde treasure, develop skills, assemble runes etc etc you should get him.

So far, I have no idea whether there's a time frame on him (meaning you should be able to recruit him as soon as you reach Agate Prison and as far as the Point of No Return).
Buff

Post by Buff »

just try progressing on with the story and check back again. or did you at least see the scene with killey by the east bridge on the outside of your castle while having lorelai and zewgi in your party? if you haven't try that and if that works then you should see him at the sluice gate. if not then i have no clue.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you never free him from prison will he just sit there all lonely?
keenish27

Post by keenish27 »

well i freed him from the prison. but the scene on teh bridge never happened for me. i'm paste the twilight ruins now. so i guess i should just keep zweig in my party and exit and enter my castle lots now?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

let us know what happens! if no go, try Lorelai + Zweig. i dont' remember having them in my party when i ran into Killey at HQ (they were standing near him) but it was a long time ago.
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

keenish27 wrote:well i freed him from the prison. but the scene on teh bridge never happened for me. i'm paste the twilight ruins now. so i guess i should just keep zweig in my party and exit and enter my castle lots now?
He didn't run across your party there? Wasn't he present in the scene with Leknaat?
keenish27

Post by keenish27 »

nope, never met him there and wasn't there when leeknat was there either. is that bad?
Eyedol

Post by Eyedol »

Chances are he's missable, then.

Because you recruit him exactly in that occasion (at least, that's what I did).
keenish27

Post by keenish27 »

u know...i think i hate killey now. the only guy i missed =(
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you missed him in the Deep Twilight Forest ruins, you might want to check out the deepest room inside the Ceras Lake ruins once all the water is cleared.

I remember reading such hints from another site, but I don't have the means to verify it.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

i had the EXACT same problem.....never figured it out, oborro said he was at the sluice gate but i went throughout BOTH ruins places and didnt find him in either =/

Gt
keenish27

Post by keenish27 »

yeah...i'm guessing that if you free him from the jail, but don't get the scene at ur castle and finish teh twilight ruins...you can't get him. sooooo imma say his IS missable.