Prince-Lym and Prince-Lyon "Friendliness" rating *

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
reyjusuf

Prince-Lym and Prince-Lyon "Friendliness" rating *

Post by reyjusuf »

throughout the game, the prince interacts with both Lymsleia and Lyon. During these interactions, you are given a choice to respond. Usually, you are given 2 choices: a friendly response and an unfriendly response. I'm wondering if these choices affect the good ending.

Take a look at this thread:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=27479607

This guy has all 108 stars, has Lyon resurrected but he didnt get the choice to stay with lym.

My guess is he's been mean to lym and/or lyon in the game and causing him to not get the choice to stay with lym.

now i'm wondering. If the prince is nice to lym but mean to lyon, maybe it's the other way around. get the choice to stay with lym but not the first choice to travel with georg and lyon.
SpecialNewb

Spoilers I guess

Post by SpecialNewb »

Unfortunately the link is down right now, so I can't see the post, but the actual question doesn't mention Lym at all. So that could be the cause of the problem. Did the person have Euram or Eresh? Because when I got it, I chose Eresh...

I admit, I had hoped there would be some sort of option built into the ending of the game where the prince could choose to get romantically involved with Luserina, Lyon or no one depending on various answers. Something like Star Ocean's affection system but not so hideously complex or obscure, more like FF7's Aeris/Tiffa/Yuffie/Barrett date.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

ok, it's up again. this is the thread:

Rare problem with endings (BIG SPOILER)
I have a very rare problem with the ending, i have the 108 stars, and when i defeat the final boss Lyon resurects, but i can't choose NOTHING. Directly shows the "good ending A"(Lyon and prince travel with Georg)

Why? not is suposed that must be a choice here? All people says that he choose, but i can't

How can i get the other good ending (Stay with Lym)?

I would like see this "ending B" not "A". :(

It probably has something to do with your dialogue choices somewhere in the game?

I want know too, i don't want replay the game and have that problem agai. I want live in Falena with my cute little sister, my bodyguard, joke with Miakis and visit Luserina sometimes XDXDXD I don't want go with Georg to nowere

Georg should have given you a choice during the end. He says " So, What are your plans now?" If you say you want to help Lym rebuild then you get the other ending.

Makumaru says :
"Georg should have given you a choice during the end. He says " So, What are your plans now?" If you say you want to help Lym rebuild then you get the other ending"

The problem is taht Georg don't give me any choice. Shows the oder ending. First resurection scene, then apears a escene with Luserina and Lym talking about the senate, after the Gerog patch scene an then the final scene and credits. NO CHOICES, that is my problem

You were probably mean to Lym and Lyon earlier in the game.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

That "guy" is me. :?

I was very friendly with Lyon. In the bigining of the game. it isn't so easy choose the "friendly" choices with Lym, because it is'n clear if the choice is bad or good, i simply select the choice that i think best. it isn't fair what is the "good" choice.

I want to know what i must choose for the "stay with Lym" ending. I don't want replay until i know how to get this ending because i can do the same mistakes.

Is unfair tha with 108 stars i can't choose the ending that i want only because in the bigining i was anoying with my little sister. Anyone told me that :(

PD:Forguive my bad english, i am spanish.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Hmm I don't remember too many of the options but I did choose to allow Lym to sleep in the same bed with the Prince in Lunas. I generally chose the choices that agreed with Lym, like letting her do things or showing faith in her etc. but I saw good ending A and good ending B.

Blech, Prince x Luserina ftw!
s_word

Post by s_word »

Just what's the point being nice to Lyon have to do with "helping Lym" ending?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I was VERY gentle with Lyon and i can't get "stay with Lym" ending.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Neclord X wrote:I was VERY gentle with Lyon and i can't get "stay with Lym" ending.
Neclord X, I already PMed you to remove that Signature. please do it.

Now I certainly hope that my ending won't get affected.... It seems very annoying since the choices seem so subtle and non-ending affecting.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Ups, sorry is the habit(i'm talking about the signature)

"Lyon points" only afect to your relationship with Lyon, lyon acts like a friend or a bodyguard in answer to your choice. "Lym points" AFECT to the ending.

PD: one more time forgive my bad english
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

I'm confused on the points to getting the choice B ending where you help Lym as well, so I'll just give you how my gameply experience so far has turned out so hopefully it can help in solving this.
The first time I played the game, I was really nice to Lym and picked all of the answers that basically told her to relax from her princess duties. This lead to the scene in Lunas where she asks if she could stay with you for the night and I allowed her to stay after finding out she gets sad if you don't. I'm pretty sure I was nice to Lyon as well throughout the game but since I didn't get all 108 stars, I went straight to the Georg ending without all 108 stars.
2nd time I'm only partly through but I wasn't as lenient with Lym (but still nice) on her princess duties and when I got to Lunas she didn't ask to stay in your room. So I guess you just have to be the nice lenient brother despite her duties as a princess for her to really like you. So I'm wondering if that means I can't get the B ending option this time since I didn't get the scene in Lunas if I get all 108 stars and I'm wondering if that option of the B ending can only happen if you get all 108 stars.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

The cutscene of Lym sleeping with you at lunas is a clue for know if your friendly level is high or low,

Lyon, is supposed that if you have high friendship with her, acts like a friend, if the friendship points are low like a bodyguard, but how know if she is acting like one or other?

I mean i don't know if she is acting like a friend or not. she tells several times things like "is my duty" or "i'm prince's bodyguard" but in some scenes she acts more frendly. For example when the prince gets his new clothes, she enter on the room and says "wow, they look grate on you..lets go to show to everybody" and takes your hand.(This is a friendly act for sure).

There is some scene that can be used as a clue to know if she is "bodyguard" or "friend"?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The official guidebook confirms the existence of this mechanism.

The "Lym affection points" affect the 108 Stars endings, and the guide details that you need to at least get 12 minimum points to get the ending options.

The "Lyon affection points" affect the non-108 Stars endings. If you don't get enough points, the Prince will get lost in the ruins. Otherwise, Georg will come to you and you will leave the country with him.
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

I picked all the nice answers for Lym when the other answer wasn't more reasonable (Like agreeing with Sialeeds at the east temple) and I didn't get the Lunas scene but I did get the choice of ending. I'm not sure which Lyon bonding scene I got though, my choices were "Thank you..." and something like "What's gotten into you all of a sudden Lyon?" I picked the second one :P
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
s_word

Post by s_word »

Ancient Cheesecake wrote:I picked all the nice answers for Lym when the other answer wasn't more reasonable (Like agreeing with Sialeeds at the east temple) and I didn't get the Lunas scene but I did get the choice of ending. I'm not sure which Lyon bonding scene I got though, my choices were "Thank you..." and something like "What's gotten into you all of a sudden Lyon?" I picked the second one :P
The scene with Lyon you have gotton isn't the friendly scene.