Perfect Save Game From Suikden 2

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
ashlington

Perfect Save Game From Suikden 2

Post by ashlington »

Does anyone have the save game from Suikoden 2 which can be used for Suikoden 3. I have looked on the save game section of suikosource but there doesnt seem to be a save with everything done. Also, i wanted the names of the first 2 heros to be McDohl and Riou.

I would be grateful if anyone can supply this and i'm sure there are other people who would want this save game.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

have you checked gamefaqs.com? they probably have some.
ashlington

Post by ashlington »

Yes i have checked there already and they dont have the correct names for the heroes unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, get yourself a walkthrough and start the game. That's one way to get it. Good luck.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

ashlington wrote:Yes i have checked there already and they dont have the correct names for the heroes unfortunately, but thanks for the suggestion.
On GameFaqs there's a FAQ on hacking the save data (which is the same kind as the save files offered there). Doing that, you can change the names to McDohl and Riou. (Or more appropriate change McDohl to 'Tir' so in the Imperial play he isn't called McDohl McDohl).
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

is mcdohl's first name mentioned in the play? i thought it was just mcdohl.
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

I know this is kind of an off beat question, but how do you take advantage of the game saves on gamefaqs. Is there some way to put them onto a memory card?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes you need some hardware that hooks up a memory card to the PC, or with a PS2 and Codebreaker you can put it on a USB drive and use Codebreaker's interface to copy it to your memory card (might have to be PS2 mem card first, but you can copy it to PSX card later).
Jack of All Trades

Thats freaking amazing. Thanks
Gamer1826

Post by Gamer1826 »

Oppenheimer wrote:Well, get yourself a walkthrough and start the game. That's one way to get it. Good luck.
I agree. It's a good game, and beating it perfectly yourself is loads more rewarding.
ShonnyS

Post by ShonnyS »

Gamer1826 i agree with you...
its better to beat down a suikoden by yourself and doing this you would gain more experience and knowledge about the game that is really usefull when they are talking about things of the past... and you have no idea what are they saying.
sorry my english isn't perfect
Jack of All Trades

I can help you with your save. I just got a Dex DRive and I've all ready fineshed gs1 (Tir/Toran)and uploaded it into gs2, right now I'm about to name my company, but before I can do it I need to know the official names for everything and how they carry over. I've heard there is no official name for the castle in gs2 and that the Army's official name is the New Allied Army. I also know that the name you give your Army becomes the name of the Country at the end of gs2. Does anybody know if the names of the castle or country get mentioned in gs3?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey just remembered we also have saves on our own site! how bout that..
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/saves/
Jack of All Trades

Re: Perfect Save Game From Suikden 2

Well I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I have a great suikoden ii save if anybody is interested. I didn't do any crack leveling but I've got everything named more appropriately than what is normally possible.

Here is what I mean

S1 Hero: Tir (I fixed his name after loading into S2)
S1 Castle: Toran
S2 Hero: Riou
S2 Army: Dunan (becomes the country name in SIII)
S2 Castle: N.Window (Since the game only allows 8 character names this was the best I could do. However the "." isn't available to the player when naming his castle so it had to be hacked in.

Note: I haven't tested any of these names in S3 yet. So I'm not entirely certain how well this works.

I can load the file in DexDrive, Action Replay, and Codebreaker formats.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Perfect Save Game From Suikden 2

Post by KFCrispy »

can you load them into your reply? try the "upload attachment" feature..