Jeane and Zerase and Eresh... (Spoilers for V)

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

since the topic of this thread mentions zerase I decided to post this info here instead of create a new thread

if you speak to zerase on the night of the final battle in your castle{the battle before the sol falena siege} this is what she says

"Leknaat calls me'traveller of the night and bearer of the stars' but I hardly deserve such a title. though I see the stars that swell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you, And I myself am simply one star among many.

the above in bold is exactly what zerase says word for word

this preety much confirms leknaat and zerase have some kind of agreement...I just though id post that here
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Zerase seems to be trying to protect the Runes from unworthy bearers. She was pretty harsh on the hero until she fully believed the Rune has chosen him and she was pretty upset with Alenia bearing the Twilight Rune. Zerase definitely seems to be some sort of underling for Leknaat.

I don't think Jeane is directly associated with Leknaat though. I beleive they know each other as powerful beings obviously would but she doesn't really seem like much of a servant to me. I wonder about the Charm rune but we know it's not a true rune. My theory is that she is of an ancient race and has knowledge about the runes that others do not.

I think Eresh got explained fairly well in this game. A powerful mage that is a body jumper or something like that. The thing about her is that we may have already seen her in another game bearing a different body and never even known. Maybe she was ..........Simeon........

As for Viki, they seem to have decided not to further her story but to add a little more to Jeane's and then add some more mysterious characters.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Zerase seems to be trying to protect the Runes from unworthy bearers. She was pretty harsh on the hero until she fully believed the Rune has chosen him and she was pretty upset with Alenia bearing the Twilight Rune. Zerase definitely seems to be some sort of underling for Leknaat.
Not entirely correct. I think she only would care about who is baring the Twilight rune and the Dawn rune. Mainly because they were born from the Sun AND Night Rune. Zerase also was familiar with the Night rune and probably used to have the Zodiac Sword. The Zodiac Blade probably gave Zerase the Star Rune wich is a product of the Night Rune. Though personally I think the Star rune is a rune made from the severed bond of the Sun and night rune but then more affiliated with the night rune. A bit the same way with the Twilight/Dawn rune but then the other way around. Stars are suns after all.

In a nutshell zerase would only care about who bears the Twilight/Dawn rune because they are products of the Sun and Night rune and she used to know the Night rune.
Night

Post by Night »

Windspun_Monkey wrote:I think Eresh got explained fairly well in this game. A powerful mage that is a body jumper or something like that.
I'd have to disagree :wink: After you defeat the creature in the very bottom of the Ancient Armes ruins Jeane asks Eresh if she remembers. Eresh doesn't have a clue what Jeane is talking about. It seems the trial itself (as Eresh calls it) was just to defeat that ancient monster in the bottom of the ruins, but Jeane also seemed to expect it to awaken some memories in Eresh. I'd guess then that Eresh probably has the ability to transfer her being between bodies (perhaps a form of possession). It seems that her current body may have had a different owner, hence why she doesn't seem entirely familiar with it (describes it as vessel, doesn't know what it is capable of). And yet, she doesn't seem to have full knowledge of her previous lives either, so this theory doesn't seem to fit too well.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

There's another thing, Haswar points out in a letter that she doesn't think they make clothes like Eresh's in that size. I always got the impression that she merely created "this vessel" in order to walk around like a normal person and that she has a hidden true form. Bare in mind that I'm a newby to this series so if that makes no sense at all It'd be great if someone explained why.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Hasawar just meant that Eresh seemed very young or at least her body was that of someone very young. Oboro also includes that those Robes are reserved for VERY elderly Priests, Priests of what is what I want to know.
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

I know, all I'm saying is that if she had stolen someone elses body it's highly unlikely she would be dressed like that. She's probably be dress like the person whose body she stole. The fact that she has the body of a child but the clothing of a 40 year old priestess that actually fits her perfectly seems pretty odd to me.

On the page before this, ClearCanvas mentioned that the japanese version of Oboro's investigation says they are the the clothes of a nagarean priest.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Hmmm so if Eresh stole the body of a Nagerean preistess and one SO young and apparently clothed in very important and prestigeous outfit. You'd think her order would be desperatly looking for her. She or rather the person that Eresh possessed would be important to her order.
Kent H

Post by Kent H »

I could be wrong because I only saw it once, but I swear when Eresh died/got knocked out in a regular battle, she made like Obi-Wan and became just a pile of crumpled robes. Then at the end of the battle, when a normal character would get up & dust off, she sort of just filled out & floated into an upright position. But like I said I only saw it once, just after I got her, so I could be wrong.
BonaParte

Post by BonaParte »

Actually I did saw Eresh knocked out when i was travelling the ruins. I was battling the unicorn monster thingy when it zapped me, knocking out most of my female party members (I had lorelai, jeane, Lu and even Zerase with me). Maybe because the camera wasn't so zoomed in when she was knocked out, but i didn't saw her become a pile of crumbled clothes. But she DID get up and dust off, that i'm positive. :idea:

As for this theory, it is plausible that all three (Jeane, Eresh and definitely Zerase) are agents of Leknaat. However, IMO, I think only Zerase is under Leknaat as clearly shown in the game. I think Eresh and Jeane could be entities that look over the runes the same way Leknaat does. But it does seem they are related in some way, whether in race or in power.
BonaParte: The Armband from hell
managerr

Post by managerr »

But I would lose lots of respect for Konami if they went with all the Jeanes looking the same because they're a family. That's a REALLY cheap cop-out.
Well if they are some sort of body jumpers/creators, that would make more senese. For all we know, if Eresh took off her robes, she'd look like a younger version of Jeane....
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Desides wrote:
ClearCanvas wrote:Now, whether she *is* or not...I think that, like others have said, this is just her current form, and she probably has had others in the past. This might be why Genoh doesn't make a comment about her when you take her to him (or does he? Not sure, but I don't think he does). Her spirit may be old, but her body is not.
If Genoh is only commenting on old bodies, rather than old spirits, that confirms that Jeane doesn't transmigrate.
Genoh said something about sensing an old spirit, but got confused after seeing Jeane, who doesn't really have a body of an old person.

Actually, this "possession" theory about Jeane is the most plausible that I have heard of.
Amped08

Post by Amped08 »

I personaly think Jeanne had something to do with the creation of the lesser runes that are derived from the true runes. Maybe not her by herself, but I think she maybe worked with a group of people to extract small amounts of power from the true runes sometime shortly after creation. No real evidance to back this up, just a hunch.

As for Zerase, I think she's a vampire. She has the star rune, wich is probably connected to the moon rune, and she knows the star dragon sword. Also the bath scene with her in it heavily implies she's a vampire.

Erash... I never got. =/
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I don't think Zerase can be a Vampire, for one there was no hint of blood thirst from her or anyone strangely bitten. Also both the Neclord and Sierra have exhibited being tired or sleepy because of the sun and Zerase has been noted to have NEVER been caught sleeping. She certainly isn't human but I don't think it's Vampirism.
Amped08

Post by Amped08 »

She's deathly pale, and has the star rune. The moon rune prevents vampires from thirsting for blood, and you could assume the star might have the same effect. As for being sleepy during the day, she may very well be sleepy, but doesnt mention it cause its not in her nature to show weakness or complain about something that isnt a rune. Not even the bathwater made her skin change color, so she certainly isnt human, and shows connections and similarities with other vampires of the series.