Statistical analysis of characters~Formerly:Best character

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Richard has SS in I believe Untold Clarity and Triple Harmony, as well as Attack and Technique. So needless to say, give him Untold Clarity and Triple Harmony at SS and he is a BEAST.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Pahn wrote:I noticed as I was playing today that Zegai deserves a nod for a powerhouse character. He has monster attack, and wears good equip. You can use his wrath rune to enter fury status and he has 2 other rune slots, so you can give him double-strike and killer and his damage potential is HUGE. the only downside being that you have to wait 1 turn to activate fury.
generally, he won't need it, and if things get tought, activate Wraith, which also heals him (for half of what he's lost)
Celian

Post by Celian »

I just checked my guide, and at level 50 it has Killey(295) with more strength than Mathius(260) annd their weapons grow at about the same rate. They both get third runes at the same level as well.
Mathius does get a chance for two combos as Killey gets 1, so that could be the deciding factor.
I'm not sure how much their stats change after level 50 though, as Mathius might get stronger than Killey.

The mages that work for me best so far are Zerase and Levi.
Zerase because she is strong and has a good inherint rune, and yes Levi is the weaker of the mages, but he has all rune slots open which allow for a wider range of spells to be equipped with the magical rune innstalled also.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

MrTomJoad wrote:I would like to discuss peoples obsession with richard a little bit. I didn't used to use him but everyone started talking about him being the best in the game so I started. But since hes been in there he has remained the worst member of my party. What set-up are you people using that makes him so good? Do you use him as a tank or a fighter? What kind of runes or equipment do you use? If you have read my other posts you would know I am a very big Mathias and Isato supporter so maybe I'm just biased but to me he just seems good, not incredible.
maybe ppl love Richard so much because he starts out 10 levels higher than your Hero. (at least he was 49 when i was 39). with everyone else low level, his natural atk was insanely great and my characters have yet to catch up (he's level 50 now, my hero is like 47/48). i haven't used him in a long time because i focus on money and items, but he boasts speed, multi-hits, strength, technique and accuracy. he also has high skill potential but my max physical skills are B right now. he also gets 2 free rune slots to play with almost immediately. i don't know how he'll do down the road, but his skill potentials look very promising. try maxing his epics!
MrTomJoad wrote:Finally Mathas. My pride and joy. I've talked alot about him here so I'll try my best to make this the last time but I just love him so much. First of all he has three rune slots, and I am pretty sure he has the highest attack of the three rune characters. He can use heavy armor like the windspun set, he has a good grade in mow down, and can use armor of the gods. So this all sounds good but you know what makes him great? He can do anything. I mean anything. This is my setup on him. I gave him the windspun set plus two accessories that raise magic defense. For skills I gave him Armor of Gods, and Mow Down. For runes Fury/Double-Edge/Cyclone. Now check this out he is a tank with high defense and magic defense. He does really strong attacks usually doing multiple hits. He is fast because of the windspun set, and the windspun set boost his ability with the Cyclone Rune. So he can attack, tank, heal, use attack magic. Whatever you want. The guy not only deals high damage and takes low damage but he can also use the cyclone rune to attack and heal at the same time. He is like a living combo.
this sounds great! i'll definitely set something up like this, but may lean on Magic Absorb if it turns out i need more magic support on my team (how's his magic stat?)
Last edited by KFCrispy on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Richard has only 1 free slot, and I don't think he ever gets another one.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

MrTomJoad wrote:Richard has only 1 free slot, and I don't think he ever gets another one.
I'm thinking your Richards lvl isn't high enough to get another slot.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

My richard is lvl 60. He has a swallow rune and a free slot.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh. i was sure ppl were talking about having 2 runes on him. but i must be mistaken! that does limit him quite a bit.
Celian

Post by Celian »

Now that I've fought quite a few battles with Isato, and finally got elementary combat for epic skills, I do like him the second best for physical attackers. His barrage attack can be great, but I haven't gotten him up to the level he gains his third rune slot yet so he isn't as strong as he could be right now. Also when he goes up against enemies with tough to peirce armor, his attacks get highly diluted along with a lot of other types of attackers.

Zegai is still my best man for piercing anyone's armor and still whooping out good damage. He's just slow is all.

I only have limited amout of epic skills so I don't know what some of the best ones are out there. Hard for me to make a real informed opinion on that, but Zegai has 3 right now in my game that all have attack in them, so he's bound to get even better when I level them up.

About Mathius against Killey, I would say Mathius will probably be the better option, because like Zegai he can probably pierce hard to peirce armor(because of his weapon type) which Killey can't, and the fact that MrTomJoad pointed out he can wear tank armor, which is a real plus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hmm how many characters get 3 runes (one can be fixed but really useful) and 2 free skill slots (or 1 really useful other skill.. not Tutor, etc)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

KFCrispy wrote:hmm how many characters get 3 runes (one can be fixed but really useful) and 2 free skill slots (or 1 really useful other skill.. not Tutor, etc)
IWIN buttons like Zerase,Richard and Georg are balanced because they have a tutor skill that can't be removed.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

The characters that have three rune slots were listed on the first page on this topic about halfway down the page by dawnrune. As for which ones have free skill slots I know Kyle and Miakis do and im pretty sure all three of the beavers do, but im not sure on the others. But as I see it skills aren't incredibly important in this game. I was actually about to make a topic on this. Alot of good characters have a permanent skill but I don't consider it as much of a burden as a permanent rune is. Characters like Mathias, Isato, Urda, Killey, Lorelai, and Galleon all have permanent skills but are still really good characters, in fact in Isato and Urdas case I dont think I would remove barrage even if I could. At most a permanent skill is lowering one stat by around 40 or multiple stats by around 20, not a big deal in my mind.
Celian

Post by Celian »

MrTomJoad wrote:...... But as I see it skills aren't incredibly important in this game. I was actually about to make a topic on this. Alot of good characters have a permanent skill but I don't consider it as much of a burden as a permanent rune is. Characters like Mathias, Isato, Urda, Killey, Lorelai, and Galleon all have permanent skills but are still really good characters, in fact in Isato and Urdas case I dont think I would remove barrage even if I could. At most a permanent skill is lowering one stat by around 40 or multiple stats by around 20, not a big deal in my mind.
I agree. That little bit of stat increase from a loss of one skill spot isn't going to make that much differennce when you have runes attached alowing your character to dish out a heaping load of damage comparitively.
While the loss of a rune spot would mean the loss of 1.5x more damage to an already big figure of damage, the loss of a skill spot doesn't multiply to your stats but just adds to it, so it doesn't compare very well.

Just to add the figures up though(i think i have these right):
If you had three rune slots and one open skill with a base of let's say 200 attack, you could do:

200(base)+25(one attack skill at A level)x2(crazed rune)x2(double edged rune)x1.5(fury or power rune)=1350 base attack after increases

If you had only two runes, but two free skill slots using an epic with attack and regular attack skills at a base of 200:

200+25+25x2x2=1000

A difference of 350 with the loss of one rune position vs. the loss of one skill spot.
killey

Post by killey »

Celian wrote:200(base)+25(one attack skill at A level)x2(crazed rune)x2(double edged rune)x1.5(fury or power rune)=1350 base attack after increases

If you had only two runes, but two free skill slots using an epic with attack and regular attack skills at a base of 200:

200+25+25x2x2=1000

A difference of 350 with the loss of one rune position vs. the loss of one skill spot.
But with 2 skill slots and 3 rune slots you can get even more damage:
200+25+25x2x2x1.5=1500

Having 1 more skill slot adds 150 damage, so they're definitley worth having, more so than some of the permanent skills.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Yes but some of those permanent skills are actually worth having. Barrage is very useful, and mow down is fairly good. The skills like tutor, and rune shop are useful for support characters but sort of disappointing on characters like georg. Also for characters like Zerase I don't see it as a very big deal because mages don't really have many skills anyway. The only one that really bothers me is Lorelai and Killeys permanent treasure hunt. But not really that big of a deal.