Collectible List (Old Books, Formations...) & Chests

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
ParanoidObsessive

Re: Collectible List (Old Books, Formations, Etc...)

Post by ParanoidObsessive »

Geddoe wrote:
***Royal Paradise - Ashtawal Mountains*** ALL COMBAT AND MAGIC SKILLS
This is impossible, because I haven't gone to the Ashtawal mountains yet, and I already have the Royal Paradise Epic Skill.

I forget precisely where I found it, though... I'll try and check my earlier save files, to see at what point in the game I was when I found it.

FIRST EDIT: I've got it narrowed down to somewhere between the Western Woods and Godwin's Castle. I'm betting it's one of the chests inside the castle - I'll mention precisely where when I find it.

SECOND EDIT: Okay, Royal Paradise is in a chest on the first floor of Godwin Castle - lower right-hand room.

Also, you might want to add Farming/Aquarium items to your list... granted, they're bought rather than found, but it helps if you only need one specific fish or crop, and don't feel like going to every single town in the game looking for the item you need...

FARMING:

Melon Seedling - Haud Village Item Shop
Potato Seedling - Dwarf Camp Item Shop
Onion Seedling - Yashuna Village Item Shop
Grape Seedling - Lelcar Item Shop
Carrot Seedling - Beaver Lodge Item Shop
Cabbage Seedling - Sable Item Shop
RedPepper Seedling - Sable Item Shop
Tomato Seedling - Rainwall Item Shop

AQUARIUM:

Baby Carp - Haud Village Item Shop
Baby Eel - Beaver Lodge Item Shop
Baby Sturgeon - Sauronix Castle Item Shop
Baby Salmon - Lelcar Item Shop
Baby Puffer Fish - Nirva Island Item Shop

Not sure if anything's missing - it seems like I've got all the crops, but I might be short one fish...
Last edited by ParanoidObsessive on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
killey

Post by killey »

Royal Paradise is found in Godwin's Castle.
Jiruru

Post by Jiruru »

Here's how to find the Intermediate Combat Manual:
(It's a bit of a spoiler so I'm offsetting it a bit)

Once your castle is the largest size, go to the Dwarf Camp and take the mine cart to Ceras Lake Ruins. When you get to the large spiral shaft (the first room) go all the way down to the very bottom. The water level is lower now, and on the bottom level there's three chests. One chest has the manual, the others have a Thunder Piece and Shield Orb.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Is the Advanced Magic found in the town of Sol Falena itself, or in the castle? It's a big place and I'd hate to be scouring the wrong area.

EDIT- Nevermind, it is inside the castle.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

is that list of Formations the ORDER you can find the items???? if so, i've missed the Double Arm and Goose already! where are they and if i did miss them, when would i be able to get them again? (otherwise... i'm afraid i'd have to restart or something >_<)
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

The Goose Tactic is somewhere at the inner court of the Stormfist Arena, either in the left part or the right. You have chance to get it again later in the game.
The same goes for the Double Arm, it is obtainable in the Woods where you tried to save Marina from those scoundrels. ^^
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Ugh, it would suck to miss Double Arm. It's one of my person favorites. It allows to two S fighters, three M fighters, and an L fighter. It was the perfect setup for me.
I hope everything is going delicious.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Just make sure you get tiger. Thats the key to victory.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

The only key to victory is Circle and True Men

True men combined with a tank who has a fire fly rune{galleon^_^}

circle formation which raises physical defense by 10 and magical defense by 5 and lets you get a complete free turn and NEVER misses

with those 2 formations you cant lose

cresent is also good
killey

Post by killey »

The so-called "key to victory" just depends on what characters you use, I missed out on Goose and Double Arm too (eventually got them when I returned to Stormfist at the end of the game) and it didn't bother me one bit. I found solice in Sorcery, Crane Wing and Illusion :P.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

The reason I love Tiger is because it has one slot for the front row so you can tank without a firefly rune. It boost your fighters and mages. And its formation attack is good.
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

how exactly do you use epics? i beated the game and i still don't understand what they are for
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

Yes, the formations are listed in the order that you can find them. If you missed one then you should backtrack. If you miss one in stormfist, it will still be there at the end of the game.

Epic skills are only usable once you gain the prequisite skills at A. For instance:

Sacred Oath - All Magic Skills

You need to raise the skills:

Magic
Incantation
Sword of Magic
Magic Defense

Raise all the skills to an A rank and you can begin to raise the Sacred Oath skill.

The best part of them is that you can raise Sacred Oath and also equip say...Royal Paradise. These 2 skills will stack and give a massive bonus to the Magic Skills and Raise all the Physical skills as well.
adezero

Post by adezero »

thing that sucks about epic skills is that they don't give you as much effect as the regular ones. like, if you use an attack/something one. when that epic is on level A it only gives half of what the regular one does. I think the regular one gives +40 and the epic gives +20, ofc, the epic also gives you the other skill
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Any one-time only items?
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.