Question about Pahn

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
fiffa46

Question about Pahn

Post by fiffa46 »

Ok, Its been quite some time sence I played this one last but I don't remember. Is Pahn suposed to die when he fights Teo McDohl? His name is grayed out on the stone tablet and everything. Will this effect getting Gremio back?
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

No, Pahn is suppose to live. If Pahn does die, there is no way Gremio can come back. The duel with Teo was easy for me.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Buff

Post by Buff »

make sure to have pahn's weapon maxed out and have him with the best armor you can find and you'll win for sure.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Also, have him at least at level 35.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

O.o Teo did one normal atack and I did a desperate atack. I did 56 damage to him, he did 255 to me and pahn just droped dead. :shock: LOL
Guess I should have leveled him up. >.>
Ah well, back to the drawing board. Now I can get the special items from the begining too.
Buff

Post by Buff »

that's why before battles it's best to save just in case some thing like that happens.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah you really have to prep Pahn for that battle like crazy, he also died my first time through. You kinda have to know it's coming as there's no warning that you're going to need him super levelled up.
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

yeah its been a few years sence I played Suikoden 1 and I never got all 108 stars the first time. I was going to try to get them all this time but stupidly saved after pahn died without thinking. And sence I never about the special items in the very begining I never got them either. So, its no biggie, I'll just start over. Plus I'm also in the middle of Suikoden Tactics as well.
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

Ahn that battle is quite easy really, just have him in the Average party lvl 30 or something and have him equiped with best armor possible and be smart about the Teo's quotes and you will win easilly...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Castilho wrote:Ahn that battle is quite easy really, just have him in the Average party lvl 30 or something and have him equiped with best armor possible and be smart about the Teo's quotes and you will win easilly...
Um, that's not becuase it's "easy" that's becuase you did a lot of preperation. If it was easy you could just stroll in there with whatever armour you happen to have on him and not have to know the quotes.
Iku

Post by Iku »

umm the level doesnt have to be that high for me when i got him back he was on lvl 12 so i got him up to abnout lvl 20 and gave hi the best equipmnet i could and shapened his weopen to the best it could be at that time. I did that and i was quite easy just do what teo doent want you to do if you have any idea what im taking about :roll:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

It is pretty easy to beat Teo. You just need to know what his move is going to be and like everyone said, sharpen your weapon , best armor, and level up. It simple and I dont know why you would need help on that little battle. This your first time playing?
Night

Post by Night »

pesmerga786 wrote:It is pretty easy to beat Teo. You just need to know what his move is going to be and like everyone said, sharpen your weapon , best armor, and level up. It simple and I dont know why you would need help on that little battle. This your first time playing?
However, if you didn't know that battle was coming, then it can take you quite by surprise. I was never a big fan of Pahn, and first time I played through he was wiped out by Teo.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Night wrote:
pesmerga786 wrote:It is pretty easy to beat Teo. You just need to know what his move is going to be and like everyone said, sharpen your weapon , best armor, and level up. It simple and I dont know why you would need help on that little battle. This your first time playing?
However, if you didn't know that battle was coming, then it can take you quite by surprise. I was never a big fan of Pahn, and first time I played through he was wiped out by Teo.
true, if it is your first time playing then it would be difficult. suikoden is an RPG and an avid RPG player would know to always save before big events. So even if it is your first time and you die, you can restart and get Pahn stronger.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Not neccessarily, bare in mind that not everyone that plays Suikoden knows as much about it as we (members of sites such as this and Suikox) do, and may think that Pahn's death is a neccessary part of the story, and so just leave him for dead every time they play.