[Guide] Recruitment (spoilers galore)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Suikoden V definitely seems to have been more difficult in terms of recruiting characters. My suggestion to you is to simply read the recruitment guide (unless you specifically don't want to be 'helped' by the guide that could spoil you), and always recruit characters as early as you could.

Also try to keep several save files so that you can load the previous one again in case you missed out on some characters.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Luigi126

Post by Luigi126 »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, buy you can recruit Cornelio even if you kill the first elf. I would know, because it attacked me before Cornelio used his rune and I killed it with a counter attack.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah. the location for that elf is listed somewhere as well
nuizilla

Post by nuizilla »

I don't know if u guys already knew about this but I haven't seen it was mentioned yet.

If u put Cathari in your party and hold Triangle button, u can run faster (like when you play New Game +)

[I just happened to push it when i was wandering around the Castle..... :shock: :shock: ]
(-_-")("-_-)
Lilliana

Post by Lilliana »

Thats due to bearing the Godspeed Rune.
nuizilla

Post by nuizilla »

Yes

and after that I put Cathari in the party till the end of the game :shock:

(But she fallen in first turn fighting with the Sun Rune :lol: :lol: :oops: )
(-_-")("-_-)
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

I don't know if this is worth noticing but I recruited Sairoh very early in the game, before escaping the Sun Palace. I was playing around and decided to check the trade rumors on the very first visit to Raftfleet. Of course he won't be usable in the first war battle at Rainwall, as Raftfleet has moved somewhere else.
Last edited by RPG Seeker on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

Huh, i thought the earliest was as soon as you got to rainwall, but that is early. I'll be sure to do that next play through so it must have been worth mentioning rpg.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Lloydyboy06

fawaluwafu!?!?

Post by Lloydyboy06 »

hi im trying to get genoh, i understand that i need to talk to him! hes in my HQ somewhere and it is at level 2! any idea where i can find him?

thanks
lloydy
Lilliana

Post by Lilliana »

Fuwalafuwalu should be outside your HQ around where logg and the others are...either that or he's in the beavers room on the bottom floor of your HQ.
Lloydyboy06

Post by Lloydyboy06 »

i checked these areas but no luck could it be because of a storyline? i just had miakis become my guard, (just after the queens campaign)
Lilliana

Post by Lilliana »

check the war room after your scene with lucretia and Lorelai and Zweig join you.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

is chisato a missable character??i didnt rescue the kid and she woudn't join me
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=31746022
Nodonn3 from gamefaqs wrote:If you allow Raven to slip past you in the Storage room by standing still instead of running to the corner and catching him, Mr Mouse catches him outside due to Oboro sprinkling grated cheese on the Family Tree lol.

The scene then switches to a new room and Obero closes the case and it looks like you will not be able to recruit Raven.

When you wake in the morning just go downstairs (Base Level) and in the corridor to the left of the map room (where Lelcar, Bandits etc have rooms) there's an empty room with Raven confined inside. Just talk to him in there and you'll get the whole 'Obero begging' scene and will be able to recruit Raven as per normal.