[Guide] Recruitment (spoilers galore)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Yes, first talk to the person in that port town who makes mention of Hirschville, then go to the person by the boat that takes you back to HQ. Pick "yes, let me on" and you choose to go to either HQ or Hirschville.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Did anyone else get the Murad recruitment arc that I have (Murad is the doctor from Stormfist who's commonly called Murado)? According to Kouli's guide, Murad should appear in this order: Rainwall, Raftfleet, Lordlake; I would then be able to recruit him in Beaver Lodge. Unfortunately, I probably said the wrong thing to him in Rainwall so Murad's recruitment arc has been changed to Rainwall, Raftfleet, Leluca, and Beaver Lodge were I was NOT able to recruit him. So, can anyone tell me where I will be able to recruit him?

Here are some particulars I noticed about my Murad arc for which I have questions. When I tried to recruit him with the 2nd choice like Kouli's guide says at Leluca, Murad left the town. I assume that if he leaves a town, then I won't count; am I correct in my assumption? Since he tends to stay in a town if you choose the right option, I would assume that would be the key that he is still recruitable; does anyone else agree with this assessment? Lastly, I think my Murad's recruitment arc changed to him inspecting towns that were destroyed by the Godwin's Army, the common theme being those towns are destroyed by fire. Does anyone who is farther then the coronation ceremony know of any towns that the Godwin's Army will destroy or destroy by fire? My Murad will probably appear there. Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

If I remember correctly, he still leaves the town sometimes even if you invite him to join.

Murad shows up wherever there are people injured(as you said, like after a fire), generally from war.

Maybe he'll show up in the respective towns after the wars in Doraato, Sable, and Stormfist.

It takes a total of 3 invites for him to finally agree to join.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Thanks for the quick response! :D Looks like I'll be able to recruit Murad after the war in Doraato which is next in the storyline.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

In response to Mintalia:

Fuyou - Invite Oboro to join a total of 5x, Sigure Fuyou, and Oboro join together. There's some event in the beginning at Rainwall to make them join early, but I don't know the details on that.
Byakuren - With Genou in the party, go from the HQ to Seras Ruins. Defeat Byakuren and he joins.
Nikea - Beat her in the duel at some inn. The Estoraiz inn, I think.
Urda - Bring Takamu back to the woods north of Lunas. Urda won't join you at first. At a certain point in the game, Haswal returns home. I forget when. But when she does return home, go back to Lunas; you'll get Urda, Isato, and Haswal all at the same time.
Takamu - Go back to the jail where Lucretia was. Bring with you Sius, Lelei, Lorelai, and Zweig. The map Takamu wants is in the first room. Let Killey out of the jail too while you're there.
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

Thanks, dmx! I'm hoping for a perfect run-through my first time, at least in terms of the SoD. I've always gotten all 108 my first time beating the game (usually my first time playing the game, except for 2 when I kept missing the Clive/Elza scene in Muse... GRR!!)

Anyway, again, thanks! Have my full list now, and am planning on playing the game nonstop for the next two days... :lol:
"Your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around in a giant cage with invisible leash around your neck." - Luc
The Bryan

Post by The Bryan »

Does anyone know if anyone from the site is working on a list for all 108
in order, like they have for the previous games?
WERD
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think I figured out how to make Oboro join early.

When Lucretia asks you to find out about the incident at Lordlake, if you participate with Oboro's investigation then he will join later on in Raftfleet after Mismar comes in contact with Dolph.
I hope everything is going delicious.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

I know who Mismar is but you should use her more commonly know name. Besides the name Mismar is kind of a minor spoiler so I hope your able to change it quickly.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The title says spoilers galore.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The topic title says spoilers galore, so it's not a problem.
Yeah, that's true; I hadn't thought of that. Still, it would have been better to use Mismar's new name as not to confuse people.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

Um, in case no one has posted it yet, I got Oboro to join right after moving to Raftfleet.

I just visited his office right when I got to Rainwall, went through the storyline until Lucretia told me to hire him, and went to the Inn after hiring him. I talked to the drunk guy (Norden?) twice, then left to see Shigure and Sagiri. I just followed the events from there, always saying that I wanted to go with Oboro to help investigate. Then, when I went to Raftfleet, I went to his office again, saw the Dolph scene, and then talked to Oboro and he joined me.

I hope this helps people...
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai

Post by Harmonian Bishop Sasarai »

How do i get tamak to join me it says in a guide to bring Cuis and Lelie and talk to him in the agate prison but i go up and down and up and down and hes still not there i had no problem getting Kellie maybe i cant get both at once? Ive only just got my base so he should still be available also I cant find Cornelio anywhere in Huad village( the village with the artists) Ive searched everywhere for houses but i only see an empty one with a table in it and no people. Please help!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You can only trigger one event (either Takamu or Killey) in Agate, and you have to leave and come back for the other event.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Since Killey was there when I went to rescue Lady Merces I simply freed him then then went back and rescued Takamu.

After doing so, you can go back to the Holy Land of Lunas and recruit Zegai after the bit with Urda and Isatao.
I hope everything is going delicious.