character genders [Sheena, Templeton, Qlon]

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
asph

character genders [Sheena, Templeton, Qlon]

Post by asph »

i have some doubts about some suikoden 1 characters o__O
is Sheena a male or a female?? i have to admit i've always thought he/she was a female acting as a tomboy but on suikosource i've read it's actually a male (and married with Apple OMG scoop!!!) :shock: :shock: :shock: can anyone confirm? i can't believe sheena is a guy °_°

for Templeton and Qlon guh i dunno...from the pics they look both females to me but Qlon could be also a little boy. Also Kirkis looks a female to me but he's indeed a male[/img]
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Sheena, kirkis, templeton, qlon... Their male.
asph

Post by asph »

uhm thanks :? for some reasons i was 100% sure that in the game Lepant referred as Sheena as his *daughter* i was totally wrong :?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

asph wrote:uhm thanks :? for some reasons i was 100% sure that in the game Lepant referred as Sheena as his *daughter* i was totally wrong :?
One sec. I forgot who Kirkis is. He might be female.

EDIT: Nevermind he is male.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

In SII Nanami tells Riou that she knew the location from a cute mapmaker, I don't know why she'd refer to Templeton (which is obviously a guys name) as a cute mapmaker if he was a she. All of the characters, Sheena and Templeton, even Qlon I'm sure, were all mentioned at one point or another with the gender of "Male" I'm not entirly sure how you thought Templeton was girl. Was it his hair style?
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I also thought they were females, Konami should take care of this, many characters are in confussion of character (male/female).
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It's been mentioned a few times that Japanese doesn't have gender distinctions in their sentences nearly as much as in English and the translation of Suikoden I and II wasn't very through so they messed some stuff up. Regardless, the character section of this site will help you for any characters whose gender you are confused about.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Sheena looked straight up female to me in suikoden 1. I was surprised he was a male and in suikoden 2 when he kept on hitting on the ladies it was hard for me to accept he was a guy or something....
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

pesmerga786 wrote:Sheena looked straight up female to me in suikoden 1. I was surprised he was a male and in suikoden 2 when he kept on hitting on the ladies it was hard for me to accept he was a guy or something....
What? Lepant's "Take my idiot son with you." didn't help? I always knew Sheena was male--I was just surprised by his name.

Sheena is male, and Noah is female.... :D
Playing Suikoden III......
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Moonbay wrote:
pesmerga786 wrote:Sheena looked straight up female to me in suikoden 1. I was surprised he was a male and in suikoden 2 when he kept on hitting on the ladies it was hard for me to accept he was a guy or something....
What? Lepant's "Take my idiot son with you." didn't help? I always knew Sheena was male--I was just surprised by his name.

yeah even then i still couldnt picture sheena as a guy. looked to girlish to me :?
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I knew that the people listed so far were male. I always got confused with Melodye. It's a girl's name, but it kinda looks like a guy.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Buff

Post by Buff »

Moonbay wrote:

lepant said that in suikoden 2 when you went to meet him. in 2 he looked more like a guy, in 1 he totally looked like a girl.

was funny how in tactics that said noah was a guy in one scene.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Buff wrote:
Moonbay wrote:

lepant said that in suikoden 2 when you went to meet him. in 2 he looked more like a guy, in 1 he totally looked like a girl.
And pesmerga786 said that in 2 it was still hard for him to accept Sheena as a male. Hence the comment I made.
Playing Suikoden III......
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Moonbay wrote:
Buff wrote:
Moonbay wrote: What? Lepant's "Take my idiot son with you." didn't help? I always knew Sheena was male--I was just surprised by his name.

And pesmerga786 said that in 2 it was still hard for him to accept Sheena as a male. Hence the comment I made.
ya, i knew he was a male but it was kind of hard to see him as a male. that is just me though, people have different views on everything and all
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

What about Darios daughter....I mean son Nalleo! What the hell...
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.