Kindness Rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

sorry to sound like a noob but how does the kindness rune work? i read the runes page but the whole description of the trick is cut off. if anyone could tell me how i use it to my advantage... "that would be great....thanks."
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

The more you use a character in battle, the better the bonus they receive from the Kindness Rune. If a character dies in battle, that bonus decreases some. Oddly enough, if a character's kindness bonus is 0 and they die, their bonus becomes 999. Instead of hitting a negative value or just staying at 0, it becomes the highest possible value. At that point, you probably want to stop dying. ^^

From what I understand, each character starts off with a certain amount of kindness.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

and how do you know what number bonus your character is at? if i wanted to do the trick and get 999 how do i know if i'm at 0 or not?

p.s. sorry for not making it a serperate topic, i just asked it cuz so many people were talking about it on the party thread.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

The kindness number is a hidden value. Take note of what your attack is without the kindness rune attached. With the kindness rune attached, keep having that character die in battle; you may not want to have the entire party wiped out. Once the character's attack is the same as it was without the kindness rune, you know it's at 0.

Enemies that are good at dealing quick damage are probably the Iron Moon's outside Muse after liberation. Actually, they're pretty good at killing entire parties. Consider giving your character a firefly rune so they're targeted more often.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Something I just noticed. The characters I've used for most of the game get the exact same bonus from the Kindness Rune; which is 127. Might not be possible to pass this value without using the kindness rune trick. =/
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

heh its kinda like the solitude rune, it also adds 127 per person not in party..
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

your party doesn't have to be in battle. when the clock hits :00 or :30 on the minute part, every character in your party gets +1 in kindness factor. everyone starts at 0 in Kindness. basically, if u're playing a normal game and don't use the "cheat" of dying to go negative to 999, the only characters that get much of any bonus whatsoever are Riou and Nanami since they're always in your party. Riou would have about +120 at 60 hours, but i'm sure he might have died a few times, such as getting the fun scene with McDohl.. not a very useful bonus.

edit: oops i said he should have around +30 at 60 hrs but i should be +120!!
Last edited by KFCrispy on Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

So, if I have the Kindness Rune equipped on Nanami for let's say sometime and suddenly I remove the Kindness Rune from her to equip on another character.

Does the Kindness Rune keeps the collected ATK value and apply it on the new character? Or does it stay with Nanami and starts from 0 on the new character? If I am to re-equiped the removed Kindness Rune on Nanami, does she keeps the collected ATK value or does it reset to 0 again?

Edit : I am also wondering for the Friendship Rune as well. If I suddenly remove it from Riou and reequip it on someone else what happens?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Friendship Rune's bonus is always half of however many SoDs you've recruited. The bonus is the same no matter who it's on.

As for your other question, I have no idea.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Everyone's Kidness factor is different, as said above. If you take the the rune off of Nanami and stuck it onto another character, her kindness points would not carry over. As for taking it off, putting it on a character, and then putting it back on Nanami, I have no idea if it would keep where she left off or not.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

nuSeed wrote:Everyone's Kidness factor is different, as said above. If you take the the rune off of Nanami and stuck it onto another character, her kindness points would not carry over. As for taking it off, putting it on a character, and then putting it back on Nanami, I have no idea if it would keep where she left off or not.
Ok, so the safest is to keep it on a character for the longest possible and not letting him/her die and not to remove it at all.

PS : =.=" What's wif the new avatar...It looks horrible compared to your Clive picture.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Or if you really want you can do the trick and get the character you want to uses' Kindess negative and get it maxed to 999. That would be your best best.

p.s. It may look horrible to you but the old FSF is some of my favorite music and so I thought I'd use the snowbird icon for a while.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

nuSeed wrote:Or if you really want you can do the trick and get the character you want to uses' Kindess negative and get it maxed to 999. That would be your best best.

p.s. It may look horrible to you but the old FSF is some of my favorite music and so I thought I'd use the snowbird icon for a while.
The 999 trick would just ruin te gameplay. Another question, what happens, let's say Nanami (equipped with Kindness) has a Sacrificial Jizo. So, if she dies and then gets ressurrected (by the Sacrificial), does her Kindness factor gets reseted?
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

Uhm....Where/how do you get a kindness rune? I want one.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

It is in one of the barrels near the port of LakeWest village. Search it.