suikoden iv novelization question

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
ultimatide12

suikoden iv novelization question

Post by ultimatide12 »

anyone know if the novelization has a name for the army/navy of the game? i know "lazlo" was used as the hero's name and i'm assuming "dauntless" was used for the ship.
Makaveli137

Post by Makaveli137 »

Sorry for upping this topic but i'd like to know what are the ship and the army names in the novel.
Thanks
Remo

Post by Remo »

Does anyone know which of the Knights of Razril accompanied Lazlo when he was banished for killing Commander Glen?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

whoever you choose, 2 knights accompant him, not just 1
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

son_michael wrote:whoever you choose, 2 knights accompant him, not just 1
He means in the novel.

And "which of the Knights" can indicate multiple people.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

oh my bad, yes I didn't realise this thread was about the novel...{obviously didn't look}

if thats the case...someone please answer all there questions^^ as I would like to know them myself
Krono

Post by Krono »

Yes, I'd like to know as well. On that note, no matter how many google searches I do, I can hardly find anything about suikoden 4's novel...it's difficult to simply find a mention of it.
Makaveli137

Post by Makaveli137 »

Krono wrote:Yes, I'd like to know as well. On that note, no matter how many google searches I do, I can hardly find anything about suikoden 4's novel...it's difficult to simply find a mention of it.
Same for me. And I have my game stopped just after Elenor recruitment because of that.
We must find out what these names are !!
"If God doesn't exist in this world, I will create God with my own hands..." Krelian, Xenogears

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Man... you guys are supposed to come up with the names on your own, not rely on a book that is published AFTER the game. The author naming McDohl Tir, has about as much importance as you naming him Mike, they're just made up names by people, it doesn't matter who names them, even if it is 'official', it's still after the matter, if Konami wanted people to have specific names, they would never give you the ability to name things.

So... in short, the name you come up with is as good as the one the author comes up with.
Makaveli137

Post by Makaveli137 »

Kirkis wrote:Man... you guys are supposed to come up with the names on your own, not rely on a book that is published AFTER the game. The author naming McDohl Tir, has about as much importance as you naming him Mike, they're just made up names by people, it doesn't matter who names them, even if it is 'official', it's still after the matter, if Konami wanted people to have specific names, they would never give you the ability to name things.

So... in short, the name you come up with is as good as the one the author comes up with.
Yes but no.
I hate naming things by myself in a game, especially when it is the Hero.
"If God doesn't exist in this world, I will create God with my own hands..." Krelian, Xenogears

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

haha, then just name it the Lino en Kuldes by taking a page from Suikoden 5.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

The novel names are just the closest thing you can have for a "fanbase" official name for the heroes.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Krono wrote:Yes, I'd like to know as well. On that note, no matter how many google searches I do, I can hardly find anything about suikoden 4's novel...it's difficult to simply find a mention of it.
Try searching in Japanese at google.co.jp. Also try scouring the Japanese BBS, should be plenty of info about the novels there. I don't bother to myself because I don't really like Suikoden IV's story much.