Luca Blight

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

True EternalOnslaught I didn't think about that. I read that myself a good while ago and I forgot most of the incidents. Nonetheless, I believe that even if Agares showed Luca affection it would have done little in the long run.

I agree with EternalOnslaught and The Prophet about Luca's relationship with Jillia. I don't think he loves her, but I don't think he hates her and he certainly wouldn't kill her. It all goes back to her birth. Jillia is a product of the rape and, in his mind, a product of his weakness. If he could he would probably kill her, but because she looks like their mother he can't. In my opinion they have an estranged relationship at best because of this.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

and to point out one more thing, Agares, Luca, Sarah and two servents were the only survivors during that confrontation. Every female servent, was raped and killed afterwards as well. They kept Sarah alive on purpose, and when Luca actually overhear the ruffians, they made a reference of raping her again while being intoxicated.(ofcourse Lucas controntation of the ruffians happens in Kyaro)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

If you dont mind my asking. How did this information come to light? I dont remember this coming up in the game only minor details. Did Luca's past come up in one of the Suikogaiden's? (I have'nt seen them btw)
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
EternalOnslaught

Sniper_Zegai wrote:If you dont mind my asking. How did this information come to light? I dont remember this coming up in the game only minor details. Did Luca's past come up in one of the Suikogaiden's? (I have'nt seen them btw)
They were never in any game to date, if you check the translators weblog under the information section, dragonmasterx translated his shortstory for everyone's viewing.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I see. Thanks Eternal I'll check it out. :D
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
sun rune

i disagree

Post by sun rune »

yes luca is evil but i agree with him the city -state had it comeing and he very poweful man he wood make a great leader for highland and make highland more poweful i love the darkness and evil in him . i wood killed them backstabber was not loyal to him luca is the way he is cuz his father was weak and his mom gat raped i like thim 2 come back
sun rune
EternalOnslaught

What Luca did was wrong, period. Even with a motive, the chaos that escalated might've made Yuber a little jealous(not really, but you get the point). Fact is, he had a motive, but its wrong, the reason he is a villian. :D
Squall

well

Post by Squall »

he was crazy, he had some past histories for his insanity.
Bad ass evil guy, coulda been nice who knows?

but in the endm, I gave him peace when i killed him and he looked at the fireflies.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

I hated Luca more then any antagonist in any other game, when he was about to cut down pilika, he became evil incarnate to me,.. so when i struck him down later in the game, justice had been done. ;)

Not to mention..

[spoiler]he vaporizes an entire town with the beast rune![/spoiler]
Luca

Post by Luca »

Konami got this right....he is sublime! He defeated Shu's tactics with his strength and his unit the white wolf's guard!

He is the best enemy one can have in Suikoden :P
Riou_99

Post by Riou_99 »

To me Luca,it may not have been much,had a soft spot.I hated Luca at the Beggining,then right before i killed him that scene with the fireflies was kinda emotional.I liked Luca i wished he survived and became good.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

IMO luca was hard as fark! (not in terms of playing) but as a character, he could beat the beast rune on his own if he wanted to, honestly out of all the suikoden's i think he is and was the strongest.
me > world
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Riou_99 wrote:To me Luca,it may not have been much,had a soft spot.I hated Luca at the Beggining,then right before i killed him that scene with the fireflies was kinda emotional.I liked Luca i wished he survived and became good.
Became good? You're joking, right?
Purr.
Gen. Dirge

Re: Luca Blight

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Luca Blight was one of my favorite villains, not because of the insane carnage that he created, but because he is a completely misunderstood being. A victim of his own mission and his own insanity. But I agree, it was hard imagining him to die in a state like that. I was thinking more of a bloody and heart-stopping end to his life. I also secretly wished that he'd survive to ruin another day....but after years of life-support. Like a sequel to Luca Blight's evil ways.

Him having a soft spot? :shock: Yes, I can imagine. :) But it would be harder on reality for him to turn good. Especially when almost everyone hating him and suspicious of his every move. He would have run and live a life of secrecy if I were him. Or be the same genociding maniac and start conspiring for another war.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
gershon3812

Re: Luca Blight

Post by gershon3812 »

Well for me, Luca Blight is really a wicked. actually is sin is not of butchering of innocent people but also put your general to death. (Solon Jhee) and murdering your father who does not sinned against you.

if Luca Blight is not a game character and he is a real person and If I'm God, I will surely bring him to hell.

butchering people is not Luca's trangressions but also being unjust to his general in command w/o giving him a chance to revive from his defeat and murdering his father who does not sin against him.

the sad to say, he even murdered lots of people who does not involve in his mother's rape.

only a wicked man will do it! and not a man who want to get justice from his persecution.

if you'll see Luca in the Suikoden 2 Game, he makes killing as his hobby.

he is really a bloodthirsty. and he kills not because he wants to get justice but he really wanted it.