about to fight luca blight...

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Hxc Flavor

about to fight luca blight...

Post by Hxc Flavor »

yeah i'm at the part where you have to fight luca blight 3-party style. im just curious who you all used in hero's party? also a couple other questions i need answered for this battle:

- can luca be unbalanced?
- since fire emblems resist fire, will it reduce the amount of damage his fire attacks do, and if more fire emblems are added to someone does it keep lowering the amount of damage?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Use any 5 strongest characters that you have to be in the hero's party. Concentrate on them and don't waste your time levelling up the other 12 characters.

No, Luca cannot be unbalanced.

Yes, Fire Emblem would reduce the fire attack damage by Luca. If you have Fire Sealing Rune, it would nullify it totally.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

damn that luca blight not being able to be unbalanced.... well thanks for the help killey, i think im gonna have at least 1-2 fire emblems on each character (if able) and then 3 on my physical attackers. i think my party might look somethin like this:

wakaba-shiro-oulan
hero-millie-nanami

wakaba should be able to use her rune since she will be equipped with a balance rune... and then oulan with a fury to use her attack, shiro with a fury just for extra damage (unless there's a better front line attacker? humphrey maybe?) .....millie will bust out major damage with blue gate and lightning runes, nanami will be there to use item heals as well as be the "sparker" (gale + spark runes) and then of course hero will be there to do full party heal with resur. rune any thoughts on my setup compared to the ones you guys used???
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I'm not sure on this, but I think Spark Rune would only be in effect if everyone does normal attack. So if you use Wakaba and Oulan's Rune, they wouldn't be under Spark Rune effect. But again, I'm not sure on this, so I might be wrong.

Your party seem to be alright enough, but definitely could be improved. Shiro could be replaced by anyone who is L-Range (Eilie or Rina came into mind, but anyone L-Range would be alright, really) and equip them with Double Beat and Double Strike Rune instead, then put Riou in front row because he'd have enough DEF to not get killed in front anyway. Or if you don't want to bring more L-Range character, bring Humphrey since he had high DEF. Normal attack by Luca would only deal 1-10 damage on him.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Celsius

Post by Celsius »

Give the Fire Sealing Rune to the person in the middle of the front row, and someone with high-(ish) hp in the middle of the back row. Luca never attacks the people at the edges of the back row.

Mine was like this:

Valeria - Nanami (fire sealing) - Hix (lightning rune)
Luc - Riou - Eilie/Rina
Everything you think you know, is incorrect.
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Flik's Party:
Camus, Flik, Mik
Nina, Variable unite pair :variable pair gets changed almost every time. Usually either a really good unite, or pair of powered up mages.

Vik's Party:
Vik, Variable unite pair
variable unite trio. :Vik's party gets changed every time, as i basically just use it as a beater group.

Riou's party:
Riou, Hix, Zamza
Nanami, Tengaar, Luc

All male party members have fire emblems except Zamza, who gets strength enhancing accessories. Hix and Riou get Double Beat runes, Hix gets a Fury Rune. Nanami, Tengaar, and luc are my magic batteries. Usually it runs:
nanami: Fire, Lightning, Double beat
Tengaar: Earth, Fire, Wizard
Luc: Blue Gate, Cyclone, Flowing(from gregminster)

Typically Flik and Vik's units focus on sheer damage, as much as can be fit in. If one or two chars fall, not too worried, as i get the heavy hitters def way up, and add what fire res i can.

Then when Luca faces Riou's unit, I hit em with everything they've got. Usually first round is a Riou/Nanami Unite, Hix attacks, Zamza uses Rune, Tengaar gives us some magic resistance, Luc pounds out whatever Blue gate summons. Luca seldom lasts more than 5 rounds, as by then Hix is doing uber damage, Riou and luc keep the party well healed, and Zamza, who takes almost no damage just keeps pounding on blight while nanami and tengaar hammer him/suipport our group.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

If you want to do unites (or use runes) that would make the characters unbalanced, I'd suggest to bring Viki in that party and equip her with either Flowing or Water Rune and make her use the Kindness Rain spell every turn. Due to her slow speed (don't equip her with any equipment that'd boost her SPD), she'd most likely get the last turn and heal everyone in your party including removing the unbalanced status. That way you could use the same unite/rune on the next turn.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: about to fight luca blight...

Post by KFCrispy »

nuSeed wrote:- since fire emblems resist fire, will it reduce the amount of damage his fire attacks do, and if more fire emblems are added to someone does it keep lowering the amount of damage?
you cannot "stack" elemental defense to make resistance stronger. it's 50% reduction if you have 1 or 3 Fire Emblems..

i've used Zamza's rune atk before and got 1 pt of damage, and maybe Oulan's as well. i think normal attacks and unites are more effective, but you should boost everyone's SKL (especially Viktor's).

for magic, i suggest (well, i have this ready for almost any and every boss situation...) you have people with level 4 spells that can use the Water + Lightning (Thor) combination. it will deal 1000 damage because Luca takes half dmg compared to what a spell would typically do.

if you level everyone up and simply balance out your parties, the fight is extremely easy
kanzuki

Post by kanzuki »

Most of my party members don't have fire emblems equipped on them, but I managed to survive with Riou, Nanami(if I'm not wrong), Shiro.... Uhh I can't remember the other three. My brother taught me a neat trick, poison Luca, that'll be able to kick some HP outta him.
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Just a note, you may not be able to unbalance Luca, but you can silence him. I managed to have Eilie silence him at the beginning of the third battle. When silenced, Luca only used his regular attack on each character in the front row; which consisted of Humphrey, Oulan and Gengen for me. Humphrey took 10 damage per hit, while Oulan and Gengen took 20 damage per hit. Much better than having the whole front line taking a possible 50-100 damage three times per round.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

What's the point of silencing him when he never used any runes to attack us? Isn't the fire attack item-based?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Nah, it's actually a magic spell. But as previously posted, hopefully your frontline can take the damage. Otherwise depending on the situation, it might be just as bad or worse if you silence him.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Earth and Water magic-protection spells can protect you from the magic/item attack. it counts as magic, but i think some book source talked about him having a special item as a storyline detail.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

or just cast clay guardian spel on your front 3l. it reduces the dmg even more.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you have Firefly, you can stick it on someone like Humphrey and cast Revenge Earth on him. fun times... the spell also makes you dodge any non-counterable attacks