[Guide] Obel Ruins

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Tuansil

obel ruin 5 items

Post by Tuansil »

the 3 chest that i got is
diamond
mermaid bracelet
champion rune...

kinda suck..none useful..anyone got any item diggable there other than ancient ring? i've dig out platinum and diamonds on the 1st try when there's poison river..second try only ancient ring..i was wondering if i missed anything or not
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

When you kill all the enemies on the 6th floor does the battle just end since it's the last floor? Or do you have flashy orange areas that you can jump onto if you want to end the battle?
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If you want to end the battle without anyone dying, just swap everyone out for some story characters and let them all die.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

where did you guys find the Perfect Armor in Cyclone Chamber? i finally got there today and beat it (next: Mother Earth or something! but i'm afraid of Flame and Thunder Chambers... fast, high-powered and instant spells while those birds put you to sleep on Wind tiles)

i found the Perfect Armor on the North East side, at the foot of the stairs. I found a generic Cyclone Sword Orb in the South West corner, and i'm pretty sure there was nothing else on that map to find.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The Flame Chamber is actually pretty easy. You can take out the first dragon relatively quick if you use Lazlo on a wind tile.
I hope everything is going delicious.
HiroRao

Post by HiroRao »

Anybody know what the treasure on the small island in the water chamber is? I didn't know about it and switched in rene before flying there! I want to know if its something worth going back through the ruins for?
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

HiroRao wrote:Anybody know what the treasure on the small island in the water chamber is? I didn't know about it and switched in rene before flying there! I want to know if its something worth going back through the ruins for?
ugh, I hate that! Than when I went back, I flew over there and put Rene in...but no friggin treasure! It's getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous. And where's that elevator jerk from Suikoden IV? Why can't he come install an elevator in the Obel ruins?!
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so what items did you find in the water chamber on the main area?
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

KFCrispy wrote:so what items did you find in the water chamber on the main area?
Uhh...I think I got a Goddess Robe or something like that? I'm not 100% on that yet.

Also, is there only one Venus Armor, and one Pirate King Bracer, etc. for each play through?
"Your father's dead....he passed in his sleep.
And I woke to the sounds of her crying."

-The Light & The Glass
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

KFCrispy wrote:so what items did you find in the water chamber on the main area?
Goddess Robe (+50 Body Gear) = Upper left Treasure Chest
Flowing Orb = Upper Right Treasure Chest
Holy Armor (+45 Body gear, increases chance of supporting attack) = Bottom Right Isolated Platform *Dig with Rene after using Giant Owl*

This was my first time through the Flowing Chamber, if that's important.

Edit: Next up, Thunder Chamber. Unless, there's another chamber that someone else would rather have me explore.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

omfg i had a rather easy time in the Flowing Chamber (fighting has gotten relatively easy with my mages all equipped with Lightning Runes!) and decided to level up weak characters. well i got so into that and attacking the Water Elementals, i killed both of them without even caring. Rene never got to dig around! but if Holy Armor is the only item there, i can't get it--still haven't obtained an Owl yet -_-

i didn't get Windspun Armor in the Cyclone Chamber (been there once), only the Perfect Armor. there's probably 2-3 versions of each Chamber with different dig items, eh.... really sucks if you have to fly Rene to specific islands and the ground ends up a dud.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ezekiel wrote:
HiroRao wrote:Anybody know what the treasure on the small island in the water chamber is? I didn't know about it and switched in rene before flying there! I want to know if its something worth going back through the ruins for?
ugh, I hate that! Than when I went back, I flew over there and put Rene in...but no friggin treasure! It's getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous. And where's that elevator jerk from Suikoden IV? Why can't he come install an elevator in the Obel ruins?!
solution: Dig spots will not change if you choose to Retry the fight. Don't fly over with Rene and find out if it's on the island first. if there is a dig spot on the island AND on land, see which item you want to keep and you can choose to Retry if you want to fly over with Rene! takes a little effort but you will not have wasted that time going through all 5 levels again and making another mistake.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

for the quest vs the Mercs in Flowing Chamber, i scanned around with Rene but did not see anything. there were no treasure chests in that battle. i still haven't found the Holy Armor which is supposed to be on a floating platform
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

does anyone know what Scarabs/Beetles' circle/radial attack does in the M. Earth Chamber? i've never seen it have an effect.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I"ve never seen them attack at all, to be honest. They slaways seem to back away and not attack. Does this happen to anyone else?
I hope everything is going delicious.