Aldo and Ted

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Just a little reminder that we're getting off topic. Let's not turn this into a suikox debate. Thanks!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Umm, I never suggested that the Ghost Ship didn't travel because it is quite obvious it does. But, it would be hard to meet Aldo in a different dimension no matter if Ted got off the ship based on the fact that Aldo probably was not in that other dimension. Also, it seems like Aldo feels as if he is Ted's soul mate. Just because he feels that he may have met Ted somewhere doesn't mean that he did as well as it doesn't imply that he didn't. Words can be misleading.

I could go up to this girl and say I feel like I met her somewhere before. That could mean that she just reminded me of someone I met before.

Also, Ted doesn't seem like the type that just goes out and meets people. Remember that he clearly states that Tir was his only true friend and he definitely wasn't very sociable with Aldo. The fact is that we don't know how long Ted was on the Ghost Ship and we don't know how long he traveled before meeting the Fog Ship Guide. But just like I stated, Ted seems to have already established quite a connection with the Soul Eater and knew enough about it to want to get rid of it. I don't think he learned all about that in 5 years.

Just because you didn't know about the fact that True Runes allow aging into adulthood doesn't mean itsn't known. Some people don't know unprotected sex can cause aids. Should we assume that this fact isn't well known based on one person's lack of knowledge?
Rody

Post by Rody »

Okay, you say that Ted clearly said Tir was his only true friend. Well, there are a few arguements for Aldo. Like, since when has Suikoden EVER been consistent? They're always changing everything around. Plus, it could be said that Aldo wasn't a true friend, because he was actually his lover, or man-husband, or whatever ya wanna call him. Either way, I will never give up the fangirl notion that Ted and Aldo were lovers.

And of course, if Aldo was eaten by the Souleater, that would be good evidence in favor of Ted/Aldo relations, right? I mean, come on! Gremio was WAY gay. Who knows if Tir was, since he was completely devoid of personality.

But anyway, that's my input. I don't think it counts for much though. People will always believe only what they want to believe.
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Buff

Post by Buff »

ted wanted nothing to do with aldo,when ever aldo tried to talk to ted,ted would just try to ignore him.as for the "relationship" between the 2 who knows what it could be.maybe aldo had a thing for him,maybe he didn't.we can't really tell.but you can take it for what you want since those are your opions.but we'll just wait to see if some official story gets posted about the relationship between the 2.but if you get their unite attack aldo tries to shake his hand and ted turns the check and walks away.
Rody

Post by Rody »

Well, duh! In the unite Ted ignores him because they're in the first stages. Would you want to shake the hand of some random guys who were obsessed with you? Of course not. I wouldn't. But as you get to know someone and let them in, you of course get closer. I mean, geez!

BTW, this is off topic, and I'll probably get killed for saying this, but I guess I can agree with the "they can be what you want til you hear otherwise" theory on the gay character thread. It's all been said, so I won't say anymore on that topic.

AND, I'm currently working on an amatuer game where there are gays. Do I have to put in their bios for you to believe they are GAY?
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

The problem here is that this entire argument seems to be stemming into "are they aren't they?" realm. Now, I'm all for the boy's love, don't get me wrong. However, without proper evidence, I won't state it as "fact". Saying, "You KNOW they are" is in fact wrong. Nobody "knows" anything here. It's an assumption. Such as the "assumption" that the soul eater killed Ted. It seems this thread is going too much into "we know" realm, when, in fact, no...we don't. Speculation is speculation and should be treated as such. Until Konami gives me some hard evidence, I refuse to believe anything in this series. Sadly, we've all been proven wrong way too many times for me to feel secure in any of these decisions. >.<
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Futch02 wrote:The problem here is that this entire argument seems to be stemming into "are they aren't they?" realm. Now, I'm all for the boy's love, don't get me wrong. However, without proper evidence, I won't state it as "fact". Saying, "You KNOW they are" is in fact wrong. Nobody "knows" anything here. It's an assumption. Such as the "assumption" that the soul eater killed Ted. It seems this thread is going too much into "we know" realm, when, in fact, no...we don't. Speculation is speculation and should be treated as such. Until Konami gives me some hard evidence, I refuse to believe anything in this series. Sadly, we've all been proven wrong way too many times for me to feel secure in any of these decisions. >.<
the soul eater DOES kill ted, thats a FACT not an assumption....
Night

Post by Night »

I think he means Aldo
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Clearly it states in Ted's prologue that he goes on to meet his one true friend at the end of Suikoden 4. So, arguing that Suikoden is inconsistent is faulty. Ted was not friends with Aldo. Aldo was simply drawn to Ted and may have lost his life for it. Simple as that.
Buff

Post by Buff »

it says that it will be 150 years before he sees his true friend.not that he goes on to meet his true friend.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's the same thing, demon eye just wasn't being specific about how long it took.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, obviously it is the same. I didn't think I needed to specify the actual numbers.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Night wrote:I think he means Aldo
Ha ha it's true. I ment Aldo. Obviously, I know ted was killed by the SE >.< It was late and I was irritated. Heh. Sorry >><
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

If there was any relationship between the two, Ted was clearly not in any part of it. Sure I'm a fangirl, and I love the boys love, but it was obvious that the thing was one sided, Aldo might have been in love with Ted, but Ted was not in love with him and wanted nothing to do with him. In Suikoden, Ted is all girl crazy, sure he could be bi, but he is clearly not gay and he is in no way in any relationship or was involved with Aldo in any way like that.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

The first time I got Aldo, I seriously did not think he was gay or anything like that. I figured that since he had been isolated for so long, he wanted someone to talk to and since Ted seemed to have been isolated from other people too, he gravitated towards him. He never did anything overtly gay towards Ted that I can think of, he just tried to be his confidante. He believed that Ted was his friend because he told him something about the Rune. Since Ted was his first "friend" in God knows how many years, he decided to follow him and continue to be his confidante. As a result, the SE killed him.

PS. If I already posted something like this in this thread then just delete this one. I have a headache and I don't feel like reading through 4 pages of posts.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!