Elevators~formerly:wait a sec... Haven't I seen that before

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Elevators~formerly:wait a sec... Haven't I seen that before

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

I was just thinking to myself has I scrolled through some suikoden forums and realized that this has never came up in any forums as far as I know and I don't know the anwser to this either. I would say who's noticed but i'm pretty sure that everyone has so I'll just go with it ok. Lets begin in suikoden 4 you recruit a man (forget their names) in obel who places an invention who claims is his on your boat. no one asks any questions and the game resumes. S1 the next in the series you meet a man in a pub who claims he has a miracoulus invention just no place to put it. You invite him into your castle and no one asks any questions about himself nor his invention. In S2 you meet the old crazy guy who also says that with this invention of his you can go from floor to floor with ease then in S3 you meet another man who claims the exact same thing has his inventors before him. What exactly is going on here. After the wars do these inventions just dissapear and the inventors forget they exist. Or about Jeane or Viki I mean they've been in all the suikodens I'm pretty sure they might have over heard i of the inventors claiming all for themselves and they realizing their lying cause they know it had been invented before. My main question is who really invented the elevator in suikoden and also if 4 people claim in over a 175 years span that they invented the exact same invention then let me say their world isn't progressing fast enough. But Im not sure does anyone else know anything else about this?

Edit by Oppeneheimer: Specified subject.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well, if I recall, in Suikoden I, Sergei actually created an elevator, which he later placed a patent on. In Suikoden II and Suikoden III the inventors merely made something that looked like an elevator, but in actuality it was a cart that was being pulled up and down by some very large and very strong men. For Suikoden IV, I am uncertain as to what the explanation is. It might be revealed in the novelization, however.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Eikei

Post by Eikei »

Suikoden IV is the first in the series where the "elevator" comes to fruition. At least, based on the timeline, that is. Therefore, one could conclude that Manu is the originator of this invention.

Or perhaps, the mechanical design of the elevator itself may be a family secret passed on from generation to generation, and coincidentally always ended up in the hands of our heroes. Who knows...
The definition of amateur is one who is motivated by love, rather than money.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The elevator already existed in Budehuc in Suikoden III before the game began. It was just broken and needed to be repaired.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Also a pointless nitpick, but the elevator person in Suikoden III was a chick, not a dude.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's possible that after Suikoden IV people still weren't interested in Manu's elevator so he just gave up on it and it was forgotten, then 150 years later, Sergei comes up with the same concept. Either by coincidence or plaguerism (I'm sure I just spelt that wrong). Whichever.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's possible that after Suikoden IV people still weren't interested in Manu's elevator so he just gave up on it and it was forgotten, then 150 years later, Sergei comes up with the same concept. Either by coincidence or plaguerism (I'm sure I just spelt that wrong). Whichever.
Agreed. Things of this nature happen all the time in history.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Karayan_Fighter

Post by Karayan_Fighter »

The Chick in suikoden 3 was there to repair the elevator and i do believe she worked under Sergei.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

She worked under Adlai, which is why she uses the same method as him. Rather than have an actual mechanized elevator, she uses huge man slaves as muscle to make it move.
I hope everything is going delicious.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

the first known elevator is Manu's elevator. the reason that this could of dissapeared could be that the ship was decomissioned at the end of S4 so the technologhy became befunct( or was only specifically designed for a ship) therefore Sergi ressurectted the technology, or redefined it in suikoden1 therefore the patent becomes his.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
happyfatball

Post by happyfatball »

what could of happened is that it may have been truley invented by the guy in suikoden 4 but he may not have actually passed on how to make it after he died so it was lost. Then the guy in suikoden 1 appeared, and said he invented it, and i guess he put a patent on it someone said? well anyway then the guy in suikoden 2 may not have heard about this invention yet so he said he invented it and in 3 i dont really know heh
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Adlai's elevator works different to Sergei's and Manu's though. So technically it still is his invention.
slapstick

Post by slapstick »

AHA! This question can now be answered.

From Suikoden 5, THE SINDARS invented the elevators!
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

*Dies a little on the inside*
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

slapstick wrote:AHA! This question can now be answered.

From Suikoden 5, THE SINDARS invented the elevators!
thats a spoiler! look what you did to poor ayda :(

suiko 5 discussion is only allowed in suiko 5 gameplay and suiko 5 plot sections, in the future wait until the ban is lifted and then post that info here