Loading save data

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
haiku

Loading save data

Post by haiku »

Do I need to accomplish anything in Suikoden IV to have a save I can load into Suikoden Tactics? I mean, Can I just play it for 5 minutes or so I need to get towards the end or what?

I've never been sure how this works with the other games as well - I do remember trying to make sure I ressurected Gremio before I saved to make sure I had a good save to load for Suikoden II, but did it matter?

thanks,
- brian
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

get all 108 sod in 4 and then at the beggining of Rhapsodia it will ask you if you wanna upload suikoden 4 data, choose yes and if you have all 108 sod in s4, you will get unlockable hero 4 and snowe and extra scenes for Rhapsodia

data upload is the same with all the games, get 108 sod in previous game and then upload into new game, there is no upload for suikoden 4 though since suikoden 4 takes place before any of the games
Last edited by son_michael on Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That is not how the data upload worked for Suikoden 3. Suikoden 3 required a save after beating the final boss in Suikoden 2, 108 SoDs or not.
haiku

Post by haiku »

thanks for the help guys. Looks like I've got some time with Suikoden IV left before I start Tactics. :(

Not that I mind, I love IV :)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Jowy Atreides wrote:That is not how the data upload worked for Suikoden 3. Suikoden 3 required a save after beating the final boss in Suikoden 2, 108 SoDs or not.
good call jowy, I forgot about that
Rhin

Post by Rhin »

Just to verify, i have 2 saves, 1 thats Cleared Data, and 1 thats saved at the steps to El Eal. Which do i load? (Both have all 108 stars, etc) ^^
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

either 1 is good, I think patapi confirmed that a cleared save works fine, if he didnt then someone else did cause I remember reading it very recently
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yes, I can confirm that clear saves with 108 Stars will work, but there are others who have also claimed that any saves after the gathering of all 108 Stars will work as well.
fc_conn

Post by fc_conn »

so...say I beat Suiko IV with all 108, then started a new game +, but the new game plus is only a few hours in...and I loaded THAT data...am I screwed? I'm kinda pissed off...Lino's not there in the gossip section, and I REALLY don't want to start over. I am not a happy person right now. :( would it have been so hard for konami to put in some kind of check before you load? This might sound dumb, but half the reason I even wanted to play this game was to get Lazlo. ARGH! 12 hours down the drain!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

say I beat Suiko IV with all 108, then started a new game +, but the new game plus is only a few hours in...and I loaded THAT data
Oh, that's what I did too. Perhaps I should start over?
fc_conn

Post by fc_conn »

Probably...

I really can't bring myself to start over after all the levelling and cut scenes. In fact, I really don't even want to touch the game right now, at all. :/ Maybe I'm being immature, but I really just have no desire to play.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm only 2 or 3 levels in so I could easily restart. I'll just turn it off now and wait until tomorrow to hear the news.

Edit: Oh, that was quick. Well then, I will restart. Good to know.
Last edited by Oppenheimer on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Oppenheimer wrote:
say I beat Suiko IV with all 108, then started a new game +, but the new game plus is only a few hours in...and I loaded THAT data
Oh, that's what I did too. Perhaps I should start over?
I did the same thing with the JP version on my first game, and I can tell you that it won't work.
fc_conn

Post by fc_conn »

Suck...what a waste of my time.

Thanks for the confirmation, though. Once I cool down and stop thinking about replaying half the friggin game over and over in my mind, and sitting through all the cutscenes I've already seen, I'll try again.
The BlueHero

Post by The BlueHero »

when i loaded up my save data one was green i think it was my game+ did anyone else get this