[Discussion] IczR1's Suikoden 2 Character Rankings

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
IczR1

Post by IczR1 »

[UPDATE]

changes:

- attack range column added into the table
- Mazus: calculated new overall rating (based on magic abilities), moved from C- to B-
- Bob: calculated new overall rating (based on stat growth in werewolf form), moved from B- to B
- Bolgan: calculated new overall rating (based on potential damage done with unites), moved from D+ to C-
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

this is a very interesting topic..i wish we had this for all suiko games :)

oh i wanted to ask are there any optional bosses to do in sukoden 2 ? i dotn remember any towards end of the game..thats what i think is the sad thing about suikoden..theres no much bonuses (i want some bonus dungeons etc. like in star ocean so its worth leveling to 99)
bla
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Rai-Jin wrote:oh i wanted to ask are there any optional bosses to do in sukoden 2 ? i dotn remember any towards end of the game..thats what i think is the sad thing about suikoden..theres no much bonuses (i want some bonus dungeons etc. like in star ocean so its worth leveling to 99)
You mean like battles that can be avoided instead of fighting¿ or you referring to something else
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The bosses aren't very difficult.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

yeah thats what i mean they shoul dadd bonus stuff..would make it more interesting. but its also ok as it is.

i mean in 3 and 4 we have those bosses that always come back but i mean..come on.
bla
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

I'm glad my beloved Rina is so well ranked ! I'm surprized about Oulan, thought...
Well, in the end I should have dated Tir before the end of the war...
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

hm the link doesn't work for me anymore =(
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The link works just fine.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RVallant

Post by RVallant »

That's weird because the old link works but the new one doesn't. It comes up as "cannot find server" O.o

*wonders what I'm doing wrong*
IczR1

Post by IczR1 »

hm the link doesn't work for me anymore =(
That's strange :/ try this then: [outdated]
Last edited by IczR1 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weilong Jin

Post by Weilong Jin »

This is a really good ranking that you've done. Alot of indepth work must have gone into it. I think there are some characters that while being average in stats, will be favourites of alot of people. Shiro for example, because you get him so early and he is a machine at that level but his other stats aren't that good later. My brother always uses Shiro, but as the same token i always use Bob so i guess everyone will have characters that they think are great because the put a lot of work into them.
darkness knight

thats odd

Post by darkness knight »

How can the cook be better than Goerge prime? can anyone explain me that? i dont think no one goes into de the final battle with a cook fighting on it.....O_O
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

How can the cook be better than Goerge prime?

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/in ... eslots.php

That'll explain it.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

personally i use kinnison and ayda, they are great back row characters, glad there ranked quite high. also give ayda mother earth,shes so fast she can easily protect the party before the enemy attacks, that should count for something.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

A couple of queries on this... you state Exertion's bonuses as 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 in the first three rounds, however I'm pretty sure since its 5 rounds to 2.0 that the growth starts at 1.2 in the first round, not 1.0.

Valeria ( and I always fight for her :P ) i'm wondering - the gif wont download for me so I'm not sure what you're taking into consideration.

Take a look at my old thread about Valeria's Falcon rune damage:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4027

Are you considering in your calculation that she would be using her Falcon rune every round? With my standard Valeria setup ( first round with Exertion ) that instead of calculating 1x-3x damage per round she can actually do 2x-5x damage. This does of course take away her ability to hit multiple enemies which she does like to do often.

============================================
Valeria lvl 92 ( PATK 351, Fury )
Normal hit - 618
Falcon rune - 1204
Falcon Critical - 3060

3060 / 5 = 620, thus proving Valeria's Falcon rune's critical is indeed 5x damage.
============================================

Sorry I won't start pushing Valeria again - just wondering how you set her up.

I really should go back and test Bob in the max damage scenario though...