Question about Troy *SPOILERS*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
jasonm17

Question about Troy *SPOILERS*

Post by jasonm17 »

So after watching Troy's fate at the end of Suiko 4, is he confirmed dead? From an artistic and story-telling point I think it would be best to leave him dead. From a fanboy-ish standpoint, I'd love to see him come back and even have him playable in some way, shape, or fashion.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's not confirmed that he's dead, but (way) more than likely, he's dead.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Well unless Troy found a plank to hang on to like in the movie Titanic, he's most likely dead.

If he wanted to live, he would have taken Hero4(Lazlo is it?)'s offer to join instead of stubbornly staying on a sinking ship.

Suikoden 4 didn't do a good job at describing or detailing Troy.

Apparently, he's just a good guy on the "bad" side since he questions Kooluk's plan to take over the island nations and was pissed off when the Fort-El-Eal Rune Cannon was used on Illuya Island. Just like in suikoden 2, where the only real bad guy was Luca Blight and almost everyone else was morally righteous but also fighting against the hero.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I doubt Troy would survive hanging on a plank, though. It seems the developers don't like to overuse the same exact method of survival, and considering how many times it seems both Lazlo, and later Snowe were basically left to die at sea and kept coming back, I doubt Troy would be so lucky a third time. Also from the way the Troy went down it seemed it was a matter of both his own pride and the acceptance of his defeat that he die at sea or as he claimed "return" to it. It was too symbolic a revelation seen in other plots in the past - where a soldier grants a "weak" enemy mercy only for said "weak" enemy to return stronger and undo he who showed him mercy (see, Troy's reaction when he realizes Lazlo is the one he let escape from the Kooluk ship).

It's kind of a shame we didn't get to see more character elaboration for him, but for that matter I felt Suikoden IV as a whole was sorely lacking in character development for all but maybe three or four people.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

I agree suikoden 4 lacks greatly when it comes to character details. but i belive troy was also a tenkai star and there for couldnt join, he had alredy fullfilled his destiny when he did that thing for kooluk before the events of suiko 4 ( been a while since i played so i cant remember what it was)
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
happyfatball

Post by happyfatball »

well troy is the son of the sea god i believe suikoden 4 said so hey he could still be alive
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

we dont know anything about troy,other than he was a general for the kooluk empire

now that Rhapsodia is out and we still saw nothing of troy, I believe troy was just a cool character that everyone wishes had more depth and backstory
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

happyfatball wrote:well troy is the son of the sea god i believe suikoden 4 said so hey he could still be alive
He isn't the son of a sea god. They just call him that.

well, technicly he might be but I seriously doubt it.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

happyfatball wrote:well troy is the son of the sea god i believe suikoden 4 said so hey he could still be alive
I mistakenly believed they meant an actual Sea God--but I got to thinking--what if it was referring to his father?

Do we know ANYthing about Troy's father? If his father was dubbed "the Sea God" and had this tremendous reputation--then as "The Child of the Sea God," Troy would be expected to live up to that reputation. And it would also expalin why he doesn't take the name as a compliment.
Playing Suikoden III......
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's just his title he was given due to his naval prowess. Flik isn't really a blue streak of lightning, y'know.
Night

Post by Night »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Flik isn't really a blue streak of lightning, y'know.
Well, that's my fanfic completely screwed now :cry:
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
happyfatball

Post by happyfatball »

Moonbay wrote:
I mistakenly believed they meant an actual Sea God--but I got to thinking--what if it was referring to his father?

Do we know ANYthing about Troy's father? If his father was dubbed "the Sea God" and had this tremendous reputation--then as "The Child of the Sea God," Troy would be expected to live up to that reputation. And it would also expalin why he doesn't take the name as a compliment.
i understand what you are saying but people are never dead in suikoden until you see a body in my opinion, anyone remember the ending os suikoden 1?
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's just his title he was given due to his naval prowess. Flik isn't really a blue streak of lightning, y'know.
Then why not just call him "The Sea God?"

If his father was as good--or even better than Troy--then Troy would be known as "The Child of the Sea God."

And yes--Flik IS a blue streak of lightning...Ever see him run away from Nina?.....
Playing Suikoden III......
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Moonbay, you're becoming one of my favorite posters here <3
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Moonbay, you're becoming one of my favorite posters here <3
im jealous :evil:

lol j/k :wink:

moonbay, I have to agree with angelis on that..your preety clever,you bring up very good points on troy and I think you countered lemmies statement very well

flik, may have very well gotten his name from all the times he ran away from nina