TGS Promo Video

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Effeminate-looking? That is a female, isn't it?

Sun Rune and the Rune of Dawn. Here's hoping the last one isn't a Rune of Dusk/Twilight or something of a similar concept. Hee.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Hasn't been confirmed, and we all know Suiko V isn't afraid of creating girly-looking men *coughTenkaiStarcough* so s/he could be either male or female.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Tensyo wrote:A really awesome trailer. The opening movie perhaps?

Anyway, at about 1:42 a mage seems to show off a new rune (that then bursts into a fireworks display?). Though my favorite part is towards the end where it zooms in on the galaxy and all the different runes float by (Rune of Beginning, Souleater, Bright Shield and Black Sword, the True Elementals, Rune of Punishment, Gate Rune, and a bunch of others...).

Anyone know how to screencap streaming media?
Hmm I did see that "new rune" at that part too. It looked like a "cross" or something.

I liked that sequence. Just a theory but maybe the Sun Rune is center of all true runes, just like the Sun is the center of the galaxy, or maybe that shot was just supposed to be artistic. I dunno.heh

But I'm liking this movie alot. I did'nt see Viki or Jeane, but no doubt thy will be in the game, hell they're Suikoden tradition how could you not put them in Suiko5.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Apparently Viki's been spotted in a demo at TGS.
punishment_chan

Post by punishment_chan »

1:21 - I'm not sure but does this guy (look on the bottom right) resembles hero4? It's said there will be 3 true runes...
Strategist in Training

Post by Strategist in Training »

punishment_chan wrote:1:21 - I'm not sure but does this guy (look on the bottom right) resembles hero4? It's said there will be 3 true runes...
Almost but... no dice, it wasn't confirmed yet.

Now where was I?

Oh yes! I'm glad that Gerog Prime is appearing. And I know Viki and Jeane will for sure. Otherwise it just ain't suikoden without those two for some reason...

So it takes place shortly between Suikoden 1 and 2 right?

Edit: Also about the Strategist... doesn't the strategist look like a girl somehow? Just a thought. And at 1:58 in the promo, is that Grasslands? Cause it looks kind of similar.
Just to tell you... the user is a guy.

I'm just hoping to find a better avatar eventually.
afi

Post by afi »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Hasn't been confirmed, and we all know Suiko V isn't afraid of creating girly-looking men *coughTenkaiStarcough* so s/he could be either male or female.
What? Didn't konami confirmed that he's male. That's the reason why he is the prince and could not be the heir to the throne as he is not female. The heir to the throne is his sister.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

theyre talking about the strategist, not the hero.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Judging by the nova-like thing showing the all those runes, I'm starting to believe we'll see all our known True Runes in action. Maybe we won't be able to use them, or they'll just be mentioned, but we'll see them.

I've also noticed a Yuber-like character when the trailer shows them. He's to the right of Rion, I believe.

Tomorrow we'll hopefully see whether Jeane and Viki are in the game. There's another trailer due to be released.
[evil laugh here]
afi

Post by afi »

Oops sorry. 1:28 eh, it shows a woman is holding a book and a fan... Yup,definitely female.

Showing all the true runes in action can't be possible. Rumour is that suikoV take place between 1 and 2. Showing all the runes is just a teaser.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Viki's already been confirmed.
afi

Post by afi »

Anyone can post viki's time traveling from suikoden 1 to 4 or maybe 5?
Star of destiny

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/suikoden5/index.html

Another video, starts of as the trailer but has about 5-7 minutes of extra footage, the strategist is indeed female, the rune animations are great, there was a 6 person unite attack and much more. Take a look!
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

What type of player would I need to play these .zip files? I haven't seen any of the new videos over at the Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactis section of GameSpot, either.

Woah, that's one hell of a huge file; over 110 megabytes for one stinking video!! That's a bit much, if you ask me.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Star of destiny

you can download a program called winrar (or winzip, not sure which) to open zip files, just google it and youll find it easily.