Misteleportation

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai is cute

Misteleportation

Post by Sasarai is cute »

Have anyone here actually gotten to the second floor in Great Forest in Suikoden 1 or Radat in Suikoden 2?

I have played the games a thousand times and seen some strange things, found many rare items, discovered bugs and had some other surprises but I have never even once been misteleported to the second floor of one of those houses.

Does anyone have figures on exactly how small the odds are?
Those who fear dying deserves death.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I have deffinetley teleported to radat in suikoden 2 and theres quite a few chest in that room including a blue gate rune

I have no clue about what the odds are but I can tell you that it happened twice for me
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You can't be misteleported to the second floor in the Grat Forest item shop. Viki actually never misteleports you in Suikoden 1.

In Suikoden 2, you can misteleport to a number of different locations, such as the Wind Cave. if you are misteleported to the second floor of Radat's item shop, you can get a Mole Suit, a Blue Gate Rune, and one other item that I forgot.

The odds of ending up in the Radat item shop's 2nd floor is apparently 1 in 256, based on one of the publications I have read. My memory is hazy on this though, so don't take my word. It actually feels like it happens more frequently than that because I've been sent up there quite a few times.
Sasarai is cute

What? I have been misteleported by Viki in Suikoden 1 many times, but never to the second floor of the Great Forest house.

I think I have ended up at Neclords Castle and other places when trying to teleport somewhere completely different.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Sasarai is cute wrote:What? I have been misteleported by Viki in Suikoden 1 many times, but never to the second floor of the Great Forest house.

I think I have ended up at Neclords Castle and other places when trying to teleport somewhere completely different.
Really? I've never ever been misteleported in Suikoden I. The whole teleportation system in SI is pretty solid, actually. That goes hand in hand with the theory that Viki is, in fact, getting dumber/ditzier as the games go by.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Perhaps there's a difference between versions, but I personally have never experienced a misteleportation. I can't say I have re-played Suikoden 1 as many times as I have for Suikoden 2, so I could have been very lucky.
Sasarai is cute

I am certain that I have been misteleported. It isn't just me accidentally scrolling through the list too fast, if this was the case I would end up at the place that has the same place in the list, for example 5 from the top, but on the previous or next page.

This isn't the case, I checked it since I have been misteleported quite a few times in Suikoden 1.
There is no way that it could be a case of "the fingers being faster than the game" or something, since I seem to end up at locations that could never be reached from the list just by accidentally pushing "right" or "left" too quickly right before teleportation.

It should be noted that I play the PAL version.

Maybe it is possible to get to the second floor of the Great Forest house in the PAL version and maybe it ISN'T possible to get to second floor of Radat in the PAL version.

Maybe that's why I have never gotten there while you haven't experienced any misteleportation in Suikoden 1 while it happens to me all the time?

Then again, I HAVE experienced misteleportation in Suikoden 2 but never to the second floor of Radat down. Not once in all my playthroughs.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I have no answer as to whether misteleportation is possible or impossible, but one fact is that the second floor in the Great Forest can not be reached. A Japanese cracker looked at the code and there was no event object at that location, and neither an actual "2nd floor" has been created.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Apparently, there is no second floor to the Great Forest Village Item Shop in any versions of the game.
Shirofan wrote:
son_michael wrote: I though PAL suikoden 1 DID allow you to go upstairs in forest village

it was only taken out for american gamers, I remember reading that along time ago on these boards

This is not in any version, that anyone attending these boards has; which means not the Japanese version, not the American version and not the PAL version.

Like any such rumours then it tends to be stated that one or more of the other versions has it, and like other such rumours it turns out to be false.

It has never been stated on these boards that the PAL version allows you upstairs without someone shooting down the claim as completely incorrect.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

It is possible to get to the second floor in Radat on PAL, I'm a kiwi and I've been there once. I remeber the mole suit and blue gate rune but I also can't recall what else off the top of my head.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

My version is pal and ive been to the upstairs in Radat too, a number of times.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Apparently, there is no second floor to the Great Forest Village Item Shop in any versions of the game.
You're right. Now the interesting question is, did the rumor that Viki could misteleport you to the Forest Village Item Shop start before SII came out, prompting the programmers to add the misteleportation bit into Suikoden II? Or did that rumor start after the release of Suikoden II, after we learned that Viki can send you to secret rooms, and as an explanation for the impassable stairs.

I seem to remember hearing the misteleportation rumor before Suikoden II, but I may be mistaken.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

Sasarai is cute wrote: Maybe it is possible to get to the second floor of the Great Forest house in the PAL version and maybe it ISN'T possible to get to second floor of Radat in the PAL version.

Maybe that's why I have never gotten there while you haven't experienced any misteleportation in Suikoden 1 while it happens to me all the time?

Then again, I HAVE experienced misteleportation in Suikoden 2 but never to the second floor of Radat down. Not once in all my playthroughs.
I played PAL and US version of Suikoden I and II.
I never experienced misteleportation in Suikoden I nor in PAL nor in US version.
I went upstair in Radat in both version of Suikoden II.

The fact is that there's no second floor in the Great forest village Shop, poeple seems not to understand that even game characters can have a private life. These who say the opposite gotta proove it with at least a screenshot (Though it's not a valuable proof).
They are too many poeple who "do" things that nobody in the whole world ever managed to do. Too bad when they have to proove it they suddently formated their pc and lost the proof, they accidentaly deleted THIS screenshot, we never hear of them anymore, their cat eats their HDD, a meteor fall on their pc, a hacker deleted the proof or anything else :/
Young Master

Post by Young Master »

Wait, so you guys are saying that you have never been teleported in the chest area? I have two times!! If it happens again I'll take a screenie.
Y...Young Master...always...follow you heart. That is my first...and last...request.
- Gremio
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Young Master wrote:Wait, so you guys are saying that you have never been teleported in the chest area? I have two times!! If it happens again I'll take a screenie.
They're saying they've never been teleported upstairs in the Great Forest, because there is no upstairs actually programmed.