[Info] Official Suikoden V Website

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Lemmy Claypool

[Info] Official Suikoden V Website

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I thought it might be a good idea to give the site it's own thread, to save people having to search for it in the '...SCANS' thread. Mods, feel free to lock this if you deem it pointless. Anyway, the site is; http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/index.html
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

From Sars ad-minh at suikox...
"The TGS site for Konami confirmed that "Suikoden 5 focuses on the battles over the Sun Rune."

Also, Konami updated the official Suikoden 5 site last night, but quickly took it down after possibly releasing problematic spoiler info. Under the hero's character profile, it was initially mentioned that the hero was born between Queen Arshetat Falanas and Queen's Knight Captain Felid (also known as "a large man" from screenshots). This portion was quickly removed, and replaced with the description of the hero's weapon as a "connectable three-piece-rod which is also a Falanian crown jewel." Konami has been known to release critical plot elements by mistake all the time, just like how they mistakenly revealed Suikoden 4 takes place 150 years before Suikoden 1 very early (and officially continued to deny that for months).

Rion's profile reads that she is a queen's knight in training, and also that her weapon is a "nagamaki." A Nagamaki is a somewhat old Japanese weapon (popular during the 11th-13th centuries) which is like a normal katana with a very long hilt (probably about 2/3rds as long as the blade)."
True sun rune confirmed...
And you are welcome.. :)
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

What? His father is a Capten?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Siel Avadon wrote:What? His father is a Capten?
Apparently. And we've already seen him, too.

Thanks for the info skymansxeno.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

This makes 2, Konami. I"m beginning to wonder if they're screwing up intentionally just to tease us.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

damm...there goes my rune of light, this wouldve been the perfect and only game to release that rune and since it has so many simmilarities with the sun rune..they will never make a rune of light

damm and my hopes were up and everything..o well

anyway, this is great news , keep leaking that info konami
Hash

Post by Hash »

I doubt it's much of a spoiler, but who knows.

Let's hope someone leaks the timeline, if Konami keeps it a secret again.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

interesting information, this game seems like it may have an interesting story to it, i hope they tell us when the game will be set.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
LGM

Post by LGM »

This is probably a given; but looking at the official site, I noticed that it states this game is on the PS2, not the PS3.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

It was announced for PS2 at the time of announcement.

Anyway, I think that you can almost count the time setting being at Georg's assassination of the Queen out. If this Felid guy is the Queen's Knight, than that means no Georg right? Cause he was the Queen's Knight when he killed her.

That means it will probably be after III or before I. Hopefully, if it is after III Georg may still show up.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

skymansxeno wrote:It was announced for PS2 at the time of announcement.

Anyway, I think that you can almost count the time setting being at Georg's assassination of the Queen out. If this Felid guy is the Queen's Knight, than that means no Georg right? Cause he was the Queen's Knight when he killed her.

That means it will probably be after III or before I. Hopefully, if it is after III Georg may still show up.
I doubt Georg could show up if it's after III for two reasons; A.) Age, and B.) the little assassination that took place
I hope everything is going delicious.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

I noticed Felid is the Captian just now. So maybe one of the other knights could be Georg.

Edit: And by the way, Max was born in 396 and the dunan unification war was in 460. So he was active in a war at 64 years. If they make V 10 years or so after III it could be a possibility (not likely, just a possibity).

Though I am not hoping much though. Konami seems to want to stray away from the original III with IV and Rhaps so...
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Ok, so this may have been mentioned somewhere else but I couldn't find it and I didn't want to start a new topic just for it, has anhyone translated what the queen is saying in the screenahot on the website (it was also on the can like the others). If someone knows where this is posted or could translate it would be appreciated. Thanks.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

She is saying, "*laughter* the prince is in safe hands as long as he is protected by you."
afi

Post by afi »

SARSadmin wrote:She is saying, "*laughter* the prince is in safe hands as long as he is protected by you."
so that means she was talking to felid ,her husband and the hero father.