How long is this game?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I guess you theoretically could take longer playing SII than SI, but there's still a lot more content and storyline to cover in SII, and if you're thorough, II is the longer game.

Suikoden I did take me a good 20-30 hours the first time, but mainly because I got ridiculously stuck mid-game. When you're in Milich's domain, and you have to get past the rapids to reach Liukan, the trigger is actually letting your boat/raft TOUCH the rapids. Well, nobody told me this, and I didn't want to die, so I stayed away from the rapids and spent a good 4-5 hours of game time trying to figure out where to go next. I must've rode down that river 10 times before I actually tried touching the rapids, and I nearly jumped out of my chair when the cutscene started after we returned to town.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

um but that was the whole point of the new boat, so you could go over rapids, tai ho even tells you"now you can go over rapids"

um anyway s2 is longer
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I'm talking about the raft on the river to Liukan's Hermitage, not the boat on lake Toran. And this is before the raft gets retrofitted by Gen and Kamandol. There weren't any good clues that told you that Liukan's Hermitage was definitely the next place to go... only place in the game like that. And, much to my surprise, the all-knowing Onil didn't have any good clues, either.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

oh I see, I never got stuck, I mustve saw something or some npc mustve told me something cause I never had that problem
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they didn't even look like rapids or anything--why were you afraid of "touching" them?? i just tried to go through because it looks like you can, but then the boat would move left and right instead of down, like normally hitting a wall...
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

Well, I'd already tried those rapids up by Kirov, and hadn't been able to get through. I just assumed it was a barrier and didn't try.
Faust

Post by Faust »

My first playthrough of the original Suikoden hours clocked in at just over 50 hours. Nowadays I can get it down to around 12-13 hours by getting the fortune rune early and powergaming it hehe, but first playthrough should last you a good long time :D
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

In my experience
suikoden 1 is very fast
i could probably beat it in 15 hours and get all 108 characters
probably because i have beaten that game ten times lol
but Suikoden 2 feels much longer to me
and if u finish some little stuff like play mini games
suikoden 1 can last up to probably 30-40 hours
CKTurbo128

Post by CKTurbo128 »

Compared to the other Suikoden games, Suikoden I is quite short. I was able to complete Suikoden I and collect all 108 Stars of Destiny within 16-17 hours of gameplay. As for Suikoden II, it is definately longer than Suikoden I and took me roughly double amount of time to complete the game with 108 Stars of Destiny.
The Legend of Suikoden
Yoon's Corner (Formerly The Legend of Suikoden Message Board)
The Bryan

Post by The Bryan »

ive gotten all 108 in about 13- 15 hours
WERD
Young Master

Post by Young Master »

Just finished Suikoden I then in 17hours:17min... not including the final boss...
Y...Young Master...always...follow you heart. That is my first...and last...request.
- Gremio
Sovereign Rune

Post by Sovereign Rune »

Everytime that I played SI, I finished with all 108 SoD's and most every item in roughly 12-13 hours.

I can play the game through for fun in a single day.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

yea.. that is the average.. I do the same.. but usually take longer because I prefer a random adventure that doesn' exist.. meaning just walk around and go play the CUP game with TED on the beginning.. He is full of Luck!
Nick Bruiser