Luc and Sasarai

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Guldan

Luc and Sasarai

Post by Guldan »

I searched but didn't find anything about their relation than i post it, please escuse me if There is another post about it.

Well, I didn't play suikoden 3 cause it didn't appear in europe (till now but i could dream to see him in the european shops in PAL version)

Then My question is the following:
What Links Luc to Sasarai?
In the second Suikoden, Luc recognize Sasarai at the battle to rescue Ridley. At the battle with Luca Blight, Luc appear in the middle of the battle, saying his mission could be accomplished , then he cast his magic and Sasarai go away.

What was this mission Luc told about? and what a high priest of the Holy kingdom of Harmonia has with him?

Thanks a lot

Guldan
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Luc and Sasarai are clone brothers of Hikusaak. Luc was created as a host for the True Wind Rune. Sasarai was not the first Sasarai. There were many with the same name before him. Their relation is that they are clones of the same guy (Hikusaak).

If any of this is wrong please correct me, I never played Suikoden III all the way through so some of it may be false.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

We don't know that there were many Sasarais before. I believe that it was a translation error or some sort of incorrection by Konami when they said High Proest Sasarai gave Highland the Beast Rune. That was supposed to be Hikusaak. Also, we cannot be certain that Luc and Sasarai are cloned brothers of Hikusaak. They may not even have his DNA. They are just stated as clone vessels, this may ellude to them being copies of Hikusaak, but we cannot be certain.
Mr. Geddoe

Post by Mr. Geddoe »

Many Sasarais?
You mean the ancient Sasarai was the one that gave the Beast Rune? This is likely a mistranslation (another sin for Suikoden 2). It is believed that it was Hikusaak that ave the Beast Rune.

Luc and Sasarai are merely clones. Luc is aware, but Sasarai is not, until Luc show him the cold truth.
Only fools seek victory with courage, the so-called 'power of love', or another poetry and dramatic scenes.
Victory can olny be attained by using power.
Others are just plug-ins.

--The plug-in theory--
Mikltov

Post by Mikltov »

Sasarai and Luc are twin clones of Hikusaak. Sasarai is the elder and Luc the younger. But, Sasarai and Luc were separed when Hikusaak knew that the TWR (I have enough to write True Wind Rune) couldn't be retaken because the rune was attach in Luc's soul. Luc were imprisoned in the Temple whereas Sasarai was raised to be a bishop. That's why Luc can "smell" True Runes or parts of True Runes.

Only Luc knew there was an another clone.

And, for the Sasaai 200 years ago, it was a false translation. It was in reality Hikusaak who give the Beast Rune to the Blight Family.
All I wanted to do was to protect people I cut down. All I wanted to do was to protect the people wo couldn't protect themselves. (Suo, Valkyrie Profile)
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Yea, Sasari learns the truth of his existence (being cloned vessels for True Runes) from Luc. Thus causing Sasari to be in an emotionally weakened state, allowing Luc to obtain the True Earth Rune and continue his Armaggedon mission.

one of the best quotes in the game, Leknaat says "Luc, you challenged God like a fool." hehe
Strategy is the key to victory!
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Also if they were clones of the same person, they would look exactly alike, but they don't.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!