they do defend (unites, getting item from bag)

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

they do defend (unites, getting item from bag)

Post by KFCrispy »

i noticed the characters that "defend" as predicted by game when you are choosing commands actually DO get to defend.. even in unites and if they are taking an item from the bag. this can prove useful in a few ways (although it's not gamebreaking by any means.. and the game isn't too challenging once you know what you're doing anyway)

the obvious strategy i can now consider is if a character has low HP and needs to defend to survive for the next few rounds, it is kind of a waste to have them strictly defend--the partner also ends up defending so you effectively 2 characters' attacks/magic/whatever when choosing to do so. but what if they are the non-main unite character in an available unite? then they add to the unite and defend at the same time. if you use items a lot (or you can leave a space open) you can actually grab an item and generally the buddy will still attack.

if your character is really not really to fight, you can make or buy a bunch of Soaring Bolt x1 scrolls and have that character cast it every other turn, and he/she will auto-defend every turn when grabbing a new scroll from the bag.....
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Do Hallec, Landis, Leo, Fred and the lizards (as well as a few others) reduce damage when you give them the defend command (and they end up attacking anyway)?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh you mean the guys that just attack no matter what? i doubt they get any damage reduction bonus--the purpose of their "personalities" is that in battle they don't listen to you and always attack.. so it simply wouldn't make sense.