Gremio to Pahn

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

son_michael wrote:It would deffinetley rule to have odessa in your party after she dies :D

and you and ted could both have the soul eater :D
unfortunately when I got Ted at the forest village, he did not have the soul eater.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That makes sense. He never "really" had it. It was only used by him during plot sequences.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Soul Eater wrote:
son_michael wrote:It would deffinetley rule to have odessa in your party after she dies :D

and you and ted could both have the soul eater :D
unfortunately when I got Ted at the forest village, he did not have the soul eater.
i don't understand this.. you got Ted into your party at Forest Village from the memory car save-swapping, and he didn't have a Soul Eater attached to him?
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

KFCrispy wrote:i don't understand this.. you got Ted into your party at Forest Village from the memory car save-swapping, and he didn't have a Soul Eater attached to him?
Yeah, basically.

I reached the point where you are supposed to get Camille and Tai Ho, and did some fights to get feathers, then saved at the forest village. I loaded the next day and one of my people was gone, I think Cleo, and Ted was in her place. He didn't have the Soul Eater. I could play as normal but not progress with the storyline as Cleo wasn't there to deliver her lines.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i see. well didn't Ted had an open rune slot when you had him in the beginning of the game? he was probably never programmed with an actual Soul Eater rune; the only time the character may have needed to equip Soul Eater was the staged/predetermined 'fight'. but since it was only one spell, they probably didn't actually put a Soul Eater on him and just had the animation.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

KFCrispy wrote:i see. well didn't Ted had an open rune slot when you had him in the beginning of the game? he was probably never programmed with an actual Soul Eater rune; the only time the character may have needed to equip Soul Eater was the staged/predetermined 'fight'. but since it was only one spell, they probably didn't actually put a Soul Eater on him and just had the animation.
Actually Ted had the Soul Eater during S1. If you recall he had a rune that was labled as ???????, which was really the Soul Eater igcognito. It's completely understandable that you couldn't use the Soul Eater even though you had Ted since you couldn't acces it's power even when he was supposed to be in your party.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

For programmers a rune called ????? is not the same as a rune called Soul Eater :D

You can attach the ????? rune to anyone with a gameshark and notice that it doesn't have or gain any spell even if you attach it to a charachter at the beginning of the game and use him/her during the Major death event.
Anyway, you can attach a soul eater to whoever you want with a gameshark :)
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Sabrewulf wrote:For programmers a rune called ????? is not the same as a rune called Soul Eater :D

You can attach the ????? rune to anyone with a gameshark and notice that it doesn't have or gain any spell even if you attach it to a charachter at the beginning of the game and use him/her during the Major death event.
Anyway, you can attach a soul eater to whoever you want with a gameshark :)
Well, yes and no. I was saying that because KFCrispy said that Ted had an empty rune slot, which he didn't and I was just trying to clarify that Ted did have the Rune equipped, you merely couldn't access it's spells. For story purposes ????? and the Soul Eater are one and the same.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Well my Ted had the ??????, which did nothing, thats why I said he didn't have a soul eater.