Cedric, Stallion and the connections with theGodspeed Rune

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
LillyXChris

Cedric, Stallion and the connections with theGodspeed Rune

Post by LillyXChris »

When i went to the suggestion box and read a message from Cedric, it said something about having the Godspeed Rune.

Question: How'd the Godspeed Rune get passed down from Cedric to Stallion? Is there some special way or something?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't think we know the connection. But, I think I heard somewhere that Cedric's godspeed rune is actually part of him, not just a rune attached to him.

Since it's not a true rune it's possible that both Cedric and Stallion have the rune and one wasn't passed from one to the other at all.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Exactly. Since both Stallion and Cedric tell the player that they were born with the rune, the Godspeed Rune is probsbly just a very rare rune that someone is born with. I highly doubt it's the same Godspeed Rune.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luc's Soul

Post by Luc's Soul »

Wasn't it confirmed that the whole rune thing with Stallion was a total mistranslation, or am I missing something here?
"Come on you apes, you want to live forever!?"
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It's not a True Rune. It's the Godspeed Rune and grants incredible speed to the bearer.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Only the actual name of the rune was mistranslated. The effect is the same in both versions of the game.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

So they were both born with the rune. But how'd the Godspeed Rune ever come about anyway?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It could be considered a mircale; something great that happens that can't be explained. We don't know how Sarah was born with a Flowing Rune either, or how she can read Sindarin; it's just something that happens.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

I have this theory: Cedric and Stallion were in the same family tree. I think i'm going crazy with this but i guess you CAN call it a theory, but i know Stallion's an elf and Cedric's human so...

I don't know what to say.

Wraith

Post by Wraith »

LillyXChris wrote:I have this theory: Cedric and Stallion were in the same family tree. I think i'm going crazy with this but i guess you CAN call it a theory, but i know Stallion's an elf and Cedric's human so...

I don't know what to say.
I think the Godspeed rune is a rune that can only be obtained at birth.The rune cannot be removed and its always on the bearers foot.

I found that it was stupid that everyone on the ship got the effects of the Godspeed rune even when Cedric isn't in your party.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Wraith wrote:I found that it was stupid that everyone on the ship got the effects of the Godspeed rune even when Cedric isn't in your party.
What were the effects of the Godspeed rune in Suikoden IV? I never used Cedric.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

YOu don't have to have Cedric in your party to use the Godspeed rune.The effects are ALWAYS in ..effect.

It makes your character walk faster.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

As in the speed run you can do if you hold one of the R buttons? Are you saying you can't do that before you recruit Cedric? Or is it that you just walk faster once he's recruited? I never noticed any difference if that's the case.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Oppenheimer wrote:As in the speed run you can do if you hold one of the R buttons? Are you saying you can't do that before you recruit Cedric? Or is it that you just walk faster once he's recruited? I never noticed any difference if that's the case.[/i]
You just walk faster.You do have the speed run before the godspeed rune but you get faster after you get the godspeed rune.
I can't remember if the difference is ony when you pressR1 or if its constant.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I once heard that the rune's name could also be translated to "Godly Walk Method" or something similar. Much like the other non-magic runes, it implies a unique status boost and/or skill that these characters possess. These are simply recognised as "runes" to fit into the game system.

Remember those very helpful Holy runes from the first game? These True Holy ones are like the stronger version, and unique to only a few chosen people who received them at birth.

In Suikoden IV however, you have access to his lightning speed even without having Cedric in the party. (The boost on R1's speed is also permanent, hence resulting in a very awkward running animation for the map character. i.e. You will always run at that faster speed with R1, and the more tolerable animation from before getting the guy is lost)