How long do you think the suikoden series will span for

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I can understand disliking a game once you've played it, but Rhapsodia isn't even out yet and you're already insulting it? At least give the game a chance before saying it's terrible.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Don't tell me what I should be doing. I already came to a conclusion about the latest Suikoden releases. Nothing is going to change that. It's my opinion. Sure the battle system might be decent, but I am positive the story is going to be generic just like IV.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I'm not positive but I think he's basing his opinions on what he's seen so far. Obviously to Anamanaguchi the previews proved to be northing worthwhile for him to play or important to the Suikoden series. I'm probably wrong but whatever, I tried.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

How could you possibly come to a conclusion just because the most recent releases were bad in your opinion? That would be the same as saying you knew Suikoden IV was gonna rock because you absolutely loved Suikoden III. If you didn't like Suikoden III then the same example could be used with Suikoden II/III. Since II was great then you would've said III would be awesome as well, using that logic. Previous releases can't be used to judge later games, using the Devil May Cry series as another example (unless of course you hated DMC 3, which is rare indeed). Since DMC 2 sucked (again, assuming you didn't like part 2) DMC 3 would also suck, correct? I'm not trying to argue your opinion at all, but your opinion is only from screenshots and past experiences with the Suikoden series, and not the actual game itself, which is what really matters. Also, how can you be sure that the plot of Rhapsodia is gonna be bland like Suikoden IV? They may be closely related timeline-wise but since the cover shows two characters that weren't even in Suikoden IV it would seem that plot connects with Suikoden IV but doesn't seem to focus on it. A game can really only be judged when you actually sit down and play the game, and since the game has yet to be released there's really no way you can judge the game at this point in time. Hell, you can't even make a first impression at this point, let alone make an opinion about it the entire game.
Hash

Post by Hash »

Well, for me Rhapsodia is gonna rock based on a very simple fact: I've enjoyed like a madman any SRPG released by Konami. The Vandal Hearts series are amongst my favorites (especially 1). Hell, even Azure Dreams had a freaking addictive and good gameplay. If I get the same "duh" feeling from SIV, I'll kill myself.
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

i looooove konami, and i really hope suikoden keeps going strong. they need to get back into the known stories a bit more, because 4 was way out there...to far back in time from the others.

i cant wait for rhapsodia :P
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

My theory is this...

The Suiko series will be done after the 27th True Rune will be highlighted in one of the next suiko games...

As long as the roster of the 27 True Runes are complete... the series will last long... maybe up to Suiko 7. Suiko 10? I doubt. Maybe up to Suiko 8.
Nekomancer

Post by Nekomancer »

Please don't hurt me for saying this but:

In all likely hood the Suikoden series will last as long as Konami sees it profitable enough to continue making games. That of course would factor in with game quality and product demand blah blah blah. I hate to say it but the Suikoden series, like every other series, is made for profit not to get across the story or for our enjoyment. A company will never put out a game it expects to fail completely and it does not often fail to make sequals for best sellers.

That being said of course I personaly hope it will go on for ever.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

I'm leaning towards 8 games. Counting the 3 new True Runes in 5, we know of 20. That leaves us 7 short and I don't think they'd shove them all into 6. It'll probably be 2 more in 6, 2 more in 7 and 3 more in 8. Once they're out of True Runes the game kind of has to end, the True Runes are on of the main points.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

unless they show how every hero got his true rune and then made a final game where hikusakk is involved and you get to play with all the tenkai stars against harmonia
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:unless they show how every hero got his true rune and then made a final game where hikusakk is involved and you get to play with all the tenkai stars against harmonia
Considering we don't know Hikusaak's position, can we really say that Harmonia will be where the final Suikoden will take place. Also, I don't know if we will see every tenkai in a single game since they wouldn't be able to change stars since you stay under the star you're born under. Based on what we've seen from Harmonia in the past few years, S1-S3, we really can't say they're evil. I'd even go more so toward being neutral, but who is to say that won't change in upcoming installments.
I hope everything is going delicious.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Suikoden 4 was the number one selling game when it was released in Japan. I think suikoden's sales are good so they will keep making them, but if the states sales arent good, then they might stop making them here
which would suck, cause then I would have to learn japanese
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

[quote="Nekomancer"]Please don't hurt me for saying this but:

In all likely hood the Suikoden series will last as long as Konami sees it profitable enough to continue making games. That of course would factor in with game quality and product demand blah blah blah. I hate to say it but the Suikoden series, like every other series, is made for profit not to get across the story or for our enjoyment. A company will never put out a game it expects to fail completely and it does not often fail to make sequals for best sellers.

That being said of course I personaly hope it will go on for ever.[/quote]

I agree with this. If there is profit, why finishing the series?And ...if all the runes are showed, we can see and play with the people who owed them in the past or in the future(Genkaku for example, or what happened to Jowy)or maybe a game wich hero has alredy been seen(Geddoe, Mcdohl...). Well dont hurt me neither... :lol:
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

well actually i know they are now def making suikoden 5, i saw pics of it. looks very good, its said to before suik 1 by a lil, or just after it. And hero 5 has i believe the sun rune @_@
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The sun rune and Suikoden V are talked about in that paticular forum, just in case you didn't notice that there was one.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4402