Ted?

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Locke

Ted?

Post by Locke »

I don really understand about Ted story in suikoden IV, Cause i think it's different from story in suikoden I, can someone explain to me
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Same Ted--he lived so long due to Soul Eater; true runes (usually) give you infinite life. What don't you understand?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
blue_lightning

Post by blue_lightning »

it's supposed to show the people who remeber Ted from S1 that he did do something in the 300 years after he gets his soul eater (you go back in time in S1 to see this)and what he did when he "wandered" around. Help found a country here and there, go on a fog ship for a few years... its what these guys do!
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

wait! suikoden 4 is the time before suikoden 1?? because if it is after... Ted is dead! His soul been eaten by the soul eater! he was my favorite character too!! :(
Nick Bruiser
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikoden Four is set 150 years before Suikoden One's timeline.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

thx you just answered it like 2 minutes after I put it on! =)
Nick Bruiser
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Wait...did you just ask if its BEFORE S1?You could've looked at the games section of this site.

O and for the original question.Did his SOuleater tip you of? :)

Just kidding.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

wait, didnt he get it after the village of the hidden rune was destoryed, and the cheif gave it to him? im not sure, since i played it years ago
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, he got the Rune of Life and Death (aka Soul Eater) in IS 150. Suikoden Four takes place around IS 300. You might remember seeing the
Village of the Hidden Rune being destroyed during Suikoden One, but that
was actually a place in the past that the Star Dragon Sword sent you to.
Un_Colombiano

Post by Un_Colombiano »

...so if he got it in 150....and S4 takes place in 300....doesnt really conect does it?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

How does that not connect? He got the Soul Eater before Suikoden Four, so he has the Soul Eater during Suikoden Four.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Un_Colombiano wrote:...so if he got it in 150....and S4 takes place in 300....doesnt really conect does it?
Jowy, I think he’s talking about years and not the Sol timeline.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

i dislike Ted in S4 ... he looks really different from S1 ... in S1 he looks childish and at least more happier
but in S4 he asks for his own room, doesn't want to be disturbed ... well, doesnt really well-manered i can say
kelvin loves suikoden
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

well... at that time, I believe that Ted didn't trust anybody. In Suikoden 1, Tir Mcdohl was his "First True Friend in 300 years" as I recall Ted said that before he got captured. Thanks to Jowy for telling me that Suikoden 4 is before Suikoden 1, I realize that Part 4 is showing us what Ted did in his 300 years of living. Afterall, many was curious of what Ted was doing in those 300 years.
Nick Bruiser
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It wasn't really his distrust of anyone, it was the fact that he knew what would happen if he got close to someone. In case you're unaware, the Soul Eater kills whoever is close to the bearer. Aldo received this cruel death some time after S4. I still wonder why he chose to risk losing Tir in order to have a friendship with him, though... Maybe he just did it for the hell of it, realizing that living alone is no way to live at all.