Aldo

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
FreakGuy

Aldo

Post by FreakGuy »

does anybody know about the guy named Aldo?
in his ending it is said that he is dead, does it has any connection with Ted?
pleas tell me. thx.
we are the GF!!

CuRsE oN yOu!!!
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

The Soul Eater took Aldo's soul. That's all i know.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
cathy

Post by cathy »

It said that Aldo died in a 'mysterious' accident while following Ted after the war. He must have died because of that Soul Eater Rune of Ted's. After all, Aldo was the only person who always tried to go near Ted.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

But did he use his SE on purpose or was it one of those uncontroled absorbtions?I would use my SE if some gay guy was stalking me...O yeah I think Aldo is gay.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Wraith wrote:But did he use his SE on purpose or was it one of those uncontroled absorbtions?I would use my SE if some gay guy was stalking me...O yeah I think Aldo is gay.
Who does'nt? :lol:

But all kidding aside, the SE probably took his soul by accident, I mean it's known for taking a soul of those near them,right?
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Wish I had the Soul Eater... :cry:
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Irish Pesmerga

Post by Irish Pesmerga »

Yeah, Ted is cursed by the Soul Eater that all who care for him die, Aldo cared for him, and died. Simple :D
Leon: You forgot Rule #1 in 'the book.' Don't put yourself in danger.

Shu: I had to throw away 'the book.' You read it too many times...
army of homosexual beings

Post by army of homosexual beings »

he is juz tee poor guy who could not resist to be A gay besides ted is one hot guy..............
we are the army of homos........fear us as we will elimimate all womens and make a world full of mens!!!!!
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

army of homosexual beings wrote:he is juz tee poor guy who could not resist to be A gay besides ted is one hot guy..............
This is just a wild guess.Your gay :D
Aldo's a homosexual stalker.What kind of heterosexual wouldn't want to kill him? :D .Cmone is it just me or is Suikoden 4 full of stalkers?
Dark Stranger
Elite Member

Post by Dark Stranger »

army of homosexual beings wrote: Aldo's a homosexual stalker.What kind of heterosexual wouldn't want to kill him?
the smart kind
Who................me?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Wraith wrote:Aldo's a homosexual stalker.What kind of heterosexual wouldn't want to kill him?
Yikes, that's creepy Wraith. You really shouldn't even say such things even as a joke.

Ted isn't a murderer or a bigot. The writers of Suikoden wouldn't condone such an awful thing from a "good guy". I'm sure that's not what they were alluding to in the ending. I think it's more likely that Ted and Aldo did grow close (even if it was a platonic relationship) and the Soul Eater took his life (as it does with everyone close to the rune bearer).

Let's hope that's the last time any thread leads to a discussion of gay bashing, ick.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Well it depends Aldo might have being a little spooky later on if he kept following Ted.

Don't take the real world for an example ok, in the real world no one could simply followed you around since in real life you don't just travel the land you have lives, homes and so on.

Logically what happen is:

Aldo became a companion or lover to Ted and the Soul Eater took his life, or simply trying to be close to him did, then Ted fell sorry for the guy and thought “he died because of me so to honor him I will use his bow from now on”.

That is the logical way.

But after the plot mess that the aftermath of IV left I don't think that logic applies any more, he might have shot him, Aldo might have being eaten by a big fish for all we know, almost anything could classify as a "Mysterious accident".

And keep in mind the inconsistencies of the Soul Eater, why didn't it kill Tir?
Why did Ted stayed with the Mcdohl family if he knew the rune would hurt them?
And why does Ted acts like a brat in I while so mature in IV?

I for one might have killed a stalker in the Suikoden world be it woman, gay or straight.

While in real life I would have called the police.

You have to remember, Ted had shown that he was not interested and Aldo kept following him which shows weirdness, the guy might not even be gay but his obsession with Ted makes him unstable and potentially dangerous.

Since you see, people who are normally calm and keep advancing, if you reject them and yell at them they may even try to kill you.

Just take all that in mind.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Dark Stranger
Elite Member

Post by Dark Stranger »

well i think its not accurate to say he was more mature in my oppinion but in fact he was just reserved. He met the Mcdohl family and they did some trauma managment and brought him out of his shell, he was finally with people he trusted and who cared for him.

As for the serious instant, it could be that Aldo was protecting Ted from attackers trying to attain the soul eater, perhaps even the Ghost ship again or its minions/comrades. Or even from an attack from windy and co.
Who................me?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Based on the comment box messages I believe that Aldo and Ted did become friends. Ted did open up to Aldo at least a little.

From Aldo:
Ted spoke to me just a little
about his Rune.
But there could be something else going on here. Why does Ted say Aldo looked familiar? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

From Ted:
What's with that Aldo guy?
He looks kind of familiar...
Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

First off, it's been semi-proven that Aldo is not gay, but just overly affectionate. He's been stranded on Hermitage Island for God knows how long, probably without any human contact. Therefore, he acts overly nice, and this can sometimes look like something else to other people. I, for one, think he just wanted to be Ted's friend . . . not his "special friend".