mazus and crowley?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
sergio123

mazus and crowley?

Post by sergio123 »

i have heard througout the website that mazus and crowley had a big fight, killed eachother, and then reincarnated, hence the timeline. This does not trouble me. Mazus was Crowleys apprentice. And now they are rivals and enamies. So i was wondering why Mazus has become his mentors enamy.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

This is from the character section:
Mazus was a student under Crowley, but his ambition has turned to defeating his master. He has been unable to achieve this yet, however.
Apparently he was ambitious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Though its not known wether or not they where reincarnated eventhough they are in the current suikodens(exept forS4) it was still jjust a theory.
sergio123

Post by sergio123 »

is it known why mazus decided to turn on his master?, or is this another one of suikodens mysteries.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Its confirmed that he turned on him...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes Wraith, but the question asked is why, not did he actually turn on his master? Saying Mazus is ambitious doesn't explain much, since those ambitions aren't known. Lastly, Crowley is mentioned in S3 but he isn't actually in the game. So, they're not in S3 either.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

woops sorry I didn't see the 'Why'.

I think he turned on his master to prove he has become stronger than him.Its very common for a pupil to become greater than his mentor and then wants to prove it to them.
sergio123

Post by sergio123 »

at the end of suikoden 1, it says that crowley returned to his cave, hating the world. Does this have anything to do with it. Or is it known why crowley 'hates' the world
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Crowley, being a hermit, probably just hates people. I don't like most of the people that go where I go, so I could understand his situation.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

hiya im new
most probably mazus wishes to surpass crowley, maybe even to learn the secret of getting over 100 runes on the body. pretty smart of him too :lol:just like star wars 3.
so anywayz i only got suik2. malta doesn't stock other suik games. too bad ive searched for over 4 years to look for suik1.
HellFire

Post by HellFire »

Maybe he was under the influence of another True rune and the only person who could stop him was Crowley, thus he had to defeat his only threat. Perhaps after the battle, Crowley lost all faith in people and lived his second life as a hermit.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Every student's ambition is to surpass the master. I learn the violin and day i wish I could be better than my teacher. So I stay searching for simple yet impressive music so that I sound good.
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

sergio123 wrote:is it known why mazus decided to turn on his master?, or is this another one of suikodens mysteries.
Because it IS human's nature wanting to be able to surpass the teacher. Or at least at the same level as the teacher. It's simply because of human's ego. And you've got to admit that Crowley's such a good teacher because Mazus is able to reach the same level as he is.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, Mazus probably isn't as good as Crowley, since it took Mazus longer to bring himself back after they both died at the same time.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Well, Mazus probably isn't as good as Crowley, since it took Mazus longer to bring himself back after they both died at the same time.
Yes I think Konami said many things to point that out to us.

Perhaps some time in the future they manage to get along together Mazus must realize that along with his ex-master they could be unstoppable.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~