SPOILER: Mist Ship Captain

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't see Ted acting like a kid at all during Suikoden Four, personally. Michael was saying that Ted acted adult during Suikoden Four and then childish again during the original Suikoden. I think you got mixed up there.

I think Demon Eye just put the information about Ted's wife (which is generally considered to be a joke on Konami's part) next to the information about Aldo's death. I don't think he was implying that Aldo was Ted's significant other.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Lord no! I was stating the joke from Konami which stated that Ted may have had a significant other like Jowy said. Aldo's a guy! lol. And Ted acts very mature in Suikoden 4, but kind of reverts into a carefree existence during Suikoden 1. I believe the McDohl family allowed for him to be himself and live the life of a teenager. But, the fact is that, more than likely Ted was not stuck on the Fog Ship for 150 years. Like I said, he would have had to find the Fog Ship Captain basically right after he left the Village of the Hidden Rune and it seems that many other things happened between that time. More than likely, he lost the Soul Eater during that time as well because he appears to be the same age that he was when he appeared in Suikoden 1 as in Suikoden 4.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

No, not in suikoden 4, he's just off the ghost ship and is not accustomed to being around so many people. So he might be seen as impertinant as Lino suggested if he kept on acting his real age.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

And Ted was actually alot smaller in the orignal Suikoden.

Whats Waffu?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You can't compare 2-D and 3-D like that

And Waffu is Viki's homeworld/dimension/point-of-origin
I hope everything is going delicious.
TheBoundlessDream

Well he did look alot smaller.. lol

So Viki isnt really from the Suikoden world?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, we can come to that conclusion based on events from the Suikogaidens. Although, Little Viki was the one seen in the game, we can surmise that Viki is from that world and that it is one of the Millions of Worlds present in the Suikoverse.
TheBoundlessDream

And Pesmerga and Yuber's world being another? it is strange that little Viki didnt follow Viki in S4.

Hugo

Post by Hugo »

I didn't realise their was any information on where Pesmerga and Yuber come from or even if they are from the same place. You know Yuber might be as human as anyone in the Suikoverse, well maybe a little less human with the bloodlust and all.

Little Viki probably doesn't know where big Viki is as we assume she teleported from Suikoden 3 to suikoden 4 and it tends to happen by accident, causing her to forget. But she does have vague recollections about Jeane. What I don't understand is why Konami makes you upgrade her weapon from a really low level. She has been in at least three wars already and she's not that strong anyway.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

There is no information as to where Pesmerga and Yuber come from.
TheBoundlessDream

" I didn't realise their was any information on where Pesmerga and Yuber come from or even if they are from the same place. You know Yuber might be as human as anyone in the Suikoverse, well maybe a little less human with the bloodlust and all. "

I seriously doubt it.

All that is known about Yuber and Pesmerga is that they are not of this plain, meaning plain of existence, I assume.

Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Well, Yuber's powers may come from his True Rune. I think it is only speculation that Yuber was summoned and a coincidence that he appeared in both Leon and Albert's party.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Leon uses the word "summoned" when he tells Luca about how he acquired Yuber; we also know that Leon taught this ability to Albert and that Albert also "summoned" Yuber in the same manner.

We do not know Yuber's race but we know that he/she is definitely not human.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Leon may have said "sumoned" to Luca, but that is ambiguous and could mean anything. It may be used as a way to make the audience wonder. I don't remember Albert saying anything that would emply that he summoned Yuber. This is just assumed because of the conection with Leon. Do you have a quote to back this up. Luc faught against Yuber in two wars and is very advanced in the ways of magic. Even Sarah can open portals into the world of emptiness. If I see official confirmaton about this then I will accept it.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That's probably why they used the term 'summoned;' it's vague and keeps the details of his 'summoning' a secret. Albert himself does not say much about Yuber, but we do know that the 'summoning' was taught from Leon to Albert so it's probably the same method of 'summoning.'