Suikoden 2( I Hate To Do This)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kranach

Suikoden 2( I Hate To Do This)

Post by Kranach »

Before starting Suikoden2 you will be asked if you would like to loud your previous Suikoden1 data. I guess we are all familiar with that. In my Suikoden1 data I let all my characters die who will return in suikoden2 ( Pesmerga, Clive, Stallion, Valeria, Sheena, Meg, Victor & Flik can't die) And so I load it up in Suikoden2 and in my disappointment they were alive :!: Man I was pissed after all the troubles of letting them die hey it's not easy. Why did't KONAMI thought about that :?: Putting a character lock on characters that have died in Suikoden1 and creating alternate or substitute star of destiny. If Gremio will not be ressurected Ellie will replace him. So why did they not prepare for alternate stars :?: They already died in Suikoden1 and they are alive again because they have no alternate characters(and suikoden 2 is the Suikoden game with so many non-star character a total of 114 characters) If Ridley will die Boris will replace him so why?
yipikiyayey21

Post by yipikiyayey21 »

Maybe Konami programed it way before you ever thought about it. I mean, Luc, Pesmerga and the Others are SIGNIFICANT SoD's of the S2 story..

Kung sino man ang mga pilipino jan, pm nyo lang ASL nyo sa kin.

ALL MY GAME FILES IN SUIKODEN 1 AND 2 WAS DELETED. GRRR... I Hate it!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: Suikoden 2( I Hate To Do This)

Post by Red Killey »

Kranach wrote: So why did they not prepare for alternate stars :?: They already died in Suikoden1 and they are alive again because they have no alternate characters(and suikoden 2 is the Suikoden game with so many non-star character a total of 114 characters)
Because they are not meant to die in the official story. They're only dead in your game, not the story. You must be aware of something called gameplay, and something else called storyline. They are not to be confused into each other, and they should be treated differently. Just because one is dead on the gameplay doesn't necessarily mean that they're dead on the storyline.
Kranach wrote:If Ridley will die Boris will replace him so why?
Because then Ridley would die in the storyline as well, not just the gameplay. See the difference?
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Tyr

Post by Tyr »

Killey is right, There's a reason it's in the genre "Role Playing" because you decide the fate of those characters in your game, of course theres going to be a little confusion ro unreality in some games that have sequels that arn't completley different from the original, But that's just what i think.
The high You Can't Sustain.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

I know that those persons play a significant role like Luc, Sheena and Apple. Well I get your point because Luc is the main enemy in Suikoden3 so he could not be dead. Hey why not if you load your Suikoden1 data in Suikoden2 and load it in Suikoden3 why not it seems to be more fun. A new villain other than Luc. Luc was one of my faforite characters in Suikoden2 and hatr it when he bacame the main villain in Suikoden3. :(
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

It seems impractical to make alternate characters just to satisfy a few who kill off their own members in the games.