Help In Recuiting Nalkal

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Holly Spirit

Help In Recuiting Nalkal

Post by Holly Spirit »

I understand I need to have the Golden Seal so that it's gonna be stashed away from me across the hanging bridge on our way to the Nay Kobold Settlement.

When do I hand the Golden Seal over to Lino en Kuldes?
Some say that for as long as Obel is not yet liberated, I can recruit Nalkal.
Unfortunately, no stealing scene was triggered on my way to Trading Post ( I have Chiepoo in my party and Chiepoo already requested me to visit the Trading Post in the Nay Harbor)

Where do I locate the Golden Seal? Can I equip it?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You need to do these things in order to encounter the two Nay-Kobolds Nalkul & Champo:

1. Enter Nay Harbor with Chiepoo in party. Chiepoo will request you visit the Trading Shop.
2. Go to the Nay-Kobold Settlement Trading Shop. Just check out the items then head out of town.
3. Cross the bridge. At the end, you'll bump into Nalkul and Champo. You'll realize the Golden Seal is gone, so go after them.
4. Go back to the Nay-Kobold Settlement. Nalkul and Champo are behind the warehouse. Approach them and watch the scene. The Golden Seal will end up inside the warehouse. Let them join so you can get the seal.
5. Catch the mice inside the warehouse using Champo. This will be a mini-game of sorts. Nothing you'll find challenging. Careful about bumping though. After catching the three mice and putting them in the cage, you'll get the Golden Seal back, and with it, two new allies.

Hope this helps a bit, and that I didn't forget anything.
Holly Spirit

Post by Holly Spirit »

Where can I find if I still have the Golden Seal?

Is it an equippment?

When do I return it to Lino?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I don't get your question. Have you already gotten the Golden Seal? Cause I'm sure as soon as you get it, you'll be able to recruit Nalkul and Champo by doing the things I've listed above.
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Holly Spirit wrote:Where can I find if I still have the Golden Seal?
Enter Nay from your ship (not teleportating) with Chiepoo in your party, then he will request for coming to Nay-Kobold Settlement. Then go to Nay-Kobold Settlement by passing the Stonecutter Field. Go to the Trading Shop in the Nay-Kobold Settlement and then check the items. Then go out to cross the bridge again. You'll trigger an event with Nalkul and Champoo. Then after they got your golden seal, return to Nay-Kobold Settlement and then go to place beside the warehouse.
Holly Spirit wrote:Is it an equipment?
No, it's not. It's just a key item.
Holly Spirit wrote:When do I return it to Lino?
Right after you liberate Obel. That's why you can't recruit characters which has some events with the golden seal after you liberate Obel.
Holly Spirit

Post by Holly Spirit »

I am with Chiepoo and as soon as we hit the Nay Island Harbor, Chiepoo asks me to visit the Trading Post. I went past the Stonecutter Field, walked across the bridge, went to the Trading Post and went back to where I came from. Nothing happened. The Golden Seal wasn't stolen from me. No scene was triggered. What could I be missing on it?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

In your post you only mentioned going to the Trading Post and not checking the items within. This would be the problem you're having with triggering the scene in which you lose the Golden Seal.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holly Spirit

Post by Holly Spirit »

Holly Spirit wrote:
When do I return it to Lino?

Right after you liberate Obel. That's why you can't recruit characters which has some events with the golden seal after you liberate Obel.

This is incorrect.

Now I know why the scene doesn't trigger, I don't have the Golden Seal.
Hero returns the Golden Seal not AFTER you liberate OBEL but AFTER you liberate Razril. It's in the Nest of Pirates when Hero is requested by Elenor to return the Golden Seal to Lino en Kuldes, and she even said that Hero no longer needs to have a Golden Seal to be looked upon.
karaya blue

Post by karaya blue »

Holly Spirit wrote:I am with Chiepoo and as soon as we hit the Nay Island Harbor, Chiepoo asks me to visit the Trading Post. I went past the Stonecutter Field, walked across the bridge, went to the Trading Post and went back to where I came from. Nothing happened. The Golden Seal wasn't stolen from me. No scene was triggered. What could I be missing on it?
Did you check the items in the trading post? Make sure you talk to the person behind the counter (you don't need to buy anything). I think that should trigger the event.
"During my first battle, I lost my best friend. Sergeant said it's all part of war, but I'd do anything to have enough power to stop that kind of thing from ever happening again." - Hugo, Suikoden III
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

Uhh did you go to the pirate nest? Thats where you lose it not when your Libererating Obel.. Its a little before that.. Its where you deside to do it..
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Asmodeus Dark

Post by Asmodeus Dark »

You keep the seal if you equip it before the event where you give it back.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

As was stated previously:
Joveeno wrote:
Holly Spirit wrote:Is it an equipment?
No, it's not. It's just a key item.
You can't equip the seal.