Suiko 4 Lottery

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

I haven't even gotten a gold ball yet. Lol. I've only been in second once, too. How sad.
Viper

Post by Viper »

at first when i was trying to get the pirate king crown damned took me a long time if i'm not using the what ever lucky ticket. but after that when i'm ending the game, could get 2 gold balls in less than 10 tickets. gotten quite alot of gold balls. diamonds all the way, i've never gotten teh 10k potch.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

i'm never lucky when playing the minigames..but the lottery.i got 4 gold ball..the 1st time was somewhere..and then 3times in a row in the HQ..but i get diamond twice..the 1st 2 was pirate something and something else..can;t remember..
Vhero

Post by Vhero »

Lucky tickets???
I got teh 10k in middleport on my first trip there.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

lucky ticket??where did you get that?and i've been wondering?how did i get the lottery tickets?it just appear in my items list..at one time i got about 120 of them..did i get them by beating monsters?

i somewhat prefer suiko3 style of lottery..more real..either you win money or you don't win anything..
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

After spending some money at an armor shop or equipment shop, you may receive a supplimentary ticket; the more you spend, the more you'll receive. Once you acquire five supplimentary tickets, they are automatically converted into a lottery ticket. Later on in the game, armor is expensive enough to net you a couple of lottery tickets. Buying a Speed Ring will get you around three or four. Once you exit the armor shop or equipment shop, look at the top right corner of the screen to see whether you got any lottery tickets or supplimentary tickets.

In order to get a lucky Lottery Ticket, equip a regular Lottery Ticket (goes in the head slot) and have that character receive a critical attack. Once that happens, the description should of the Lottery Ticket should read 'Lottery Ticket (Lucky)' and the luck increase should be 10 instead of 1. Using these at a lottery booth will get you at least third place.
Vhero

Post by Vhero »

thats a lot to do for just one ticket though :(
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

As I said, once the more expensive equipment becomes available, you're inventory will be filled with Lottery Tickets. Don't even bother trying to convert them to lucky Lottery Tickets. You're better off just using them. Every now and then, you'll get the gold ball. I already got myself a bunch of Diamonds from getting first place.

I suppose getting one lucky ticket would be sufficient if you're desperate for the Pirate King Crown. What I did was acquire a Lottery Ticket very early in the game. I equipped it before the Troy / Colton fight. Troy has a very high chance to land a critical blow, so I just needed him to attack the person who had it equipped. I then saved the ticket until I recruited Bang. I then used the ticket at the headquarters lottery booth; if the gold ball didn't come out, I would reset and try again. After a couple of resets, I got the gold ball and was rewarded with the Pirate King Crown.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I didnt use lucky tickets

i just saved and loaded until i got the gold
thundersenshi

Post by thundersenshi »

Kuromimi wrote:In order to get a lucky Lottery Ticket, equip a regular Lottery Ticket (goes in the head slot) and have that character receive a critical attack.
Oh geez...I don't think I've ever received a critical attack. o_O Who could possibly deal that? Do characters at Reinhold's training hall do it?
Vhero

Post by Vhero »

yeah reinholds the easiest way of getting one delivered.
ThatOneDude

Pattern to getting gold balls?

Post by ThatOneDude »

I can't figure out if there is a pattern yet to getting the best balls, but it seems that if the machine slowly trickles to a halt you get medicine all the way.

Also, I seem to do better if the machine spins ~4 or more times. I have goten a dozen colored balls in a row. Not even worth the time once you get the Pirate. (aargh?)
Vhero

Post by Vhero »

I use it to get my jizo clocks for free and sunbeam runes sell for 5k a peice
Sazar

Post by Sazar »

I've gotten Pirate King Helm, Pirate King Bracers, Diamonds, 10k Potch...and I think that's it.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Pirate King Bracers are from the soldier near Colton (only when you initially capture him).
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.