Where did Futch and Humphrey go???

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ckonze

Where did Futch and Humphrey go???

Post by ckonze »

Ok. So, I'm new but not stupid. I'm sure somebody has probably posted this at some point in the past, so bear with me. I did the Matilda trick and was therefore able to recruit Futch and Humphrey very early in the game. However, after Vince's hideout was burned to the ground and everybody split up, I have not seen them since. Everytime I am given the option to add or remove members of my immediate party, they're not even available. I am now at the part where Shu was just recruited and still no sign of them. I have traveled back to Highway Village, hoping to find them back there again, but no luck. Am I just being impatient? Will they eventually turn up? Or has this "glitch" cost me two of my 108 characters?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

They are gone until you got your castle. I believe the reason is that they're not supposed to be recruited yet, so they don't show up in the choices up to getting your castle (the game only checks out of the "recruitable" characters). But once you got your castle, you practically could've got anyone so the game checks for everyone.

So don't worry, they'll be back once you got your castle.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
ckonze

Post by ckonze »

Terrific. Thanks!

Feel free to lock this.
Tunajelly

Hmmmm......

Post by Tunajelly »

Well, it depends. Did you do their quest right away? I don't know if you have to do their quest or not, but when i did do their quest (my second trip to Muse) they were able to go in and out of of Leona's character selection. Note that I have also not done their quest before, and was to afraid that I might have lost my chance at 108 stars. So I started over. Killey seems to think they will show up, so you might want to listen to him. From what i've read, he's played this game for awhile.
ckonze

Post by ckonze »

Actually, I did not do their quest yet. I've got the castle now and they're still not available. That's fine if I need to do their quest first to get them, but it also raises new questions. Can I do their quest without them (since I can't find them again)? If so, after doing it, will they just suddenly appear in my list of available characters?
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

That is the reason, if you do not finish the quest then you have not recruited Futch and Humphrey; instead you are just travelling with them for a common goal.

If you, or the game, remove them from the party for any reason then they will go and wait at the entrance to Mt Rakutei until you are ready to finish the quest.
ckonze

Post by ckonze »

Yeah. I figured that was it. Thanks Shirofan.