Old Books

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
koolcblue

Old Books

Post by koolcblue »

If you would like me to I could post almost all of the information in the Old Books here it's really not that much trouble at all. If I get replies to this

EDIT: I'll have them posted soon as I can write them down.

EDIT: I can post information for the following Old Books.
Old Books 1, 3, 9, and 10
The rest however,if someone has them and the time and it is easy for you to write it down please post it here. They would be 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. Maybe also we can discuss the contents of the Old Books here?
Last edited by koolcblue on Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Sure, I don't see why not. It'd be more useful than not anyways.
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

I'll help i got nothing to do right now!
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

Book 4 :_:=

These are pretty much the bargains i've found so far.

"Razril"
Leather Armor
Shin Guards
Bangle
Iron Helm
Wristbands
Thunder rune piece
Water Amulet
Unicorn boots
Warroir Bracers
Venus Armor
Hat of Wisdom
Nay-kolbold Hat

"Middleport"
Fur Shoes
Guard Robe
Pointy Hat
Needle sash
Scale Shield
Noble's shoes
Spiked heels
Thunder god's garb
Dragon Helm

"Nal-nal Island"
Pirate Armor
Paw gloves
Gold mask
Noble's Hat
Magic ring

"Obel"
Master Wristbands
Battle Suit
Paw shoes
Feather robe
Thunger god's garb
Pirate Bandana
Flame Ammy
gale Gloves
Venus gloves
SLik Hat
Cat mask
Dragon bone armor

Do your best to fine them Later!!!!!

---------------------------------
w00t for me eh?
STYX!!
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

Book 8! -=-=-=-

Do you Think Accessories are things you can buy?

The truth is...

As long as you have the materials, you can actually have them quite easily!

If you try using pearl shells and scales as things, you will end up with objects that are more beautiful than you might expect!

These things are often gotten from the more dangerous creatures that lurk at sea and on land
Be careful when gathering materials!

Do you know anyone whos skilling in making thing?

If you have these people (mermaids) (to) make them for you, you'll beable to fill your life with all sorts of accesories.

Give it a try!

--------------
I own
STYX!!
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Here are Old Books Volumes One and Three. Sorry for any minor spelling errors.

Volume 1
Birth of Rune Cannons
Found on Map 1 of the Treasure Hunt Mini-Game

When Rune Cannons appeared, previous combat methods became entirely ineffective, and naval battles have never been the same since then.

Rune Cannons were first identified approximately 15 years ago. It is held that the fleet affiliated with Middleport possessed them. Even now, there is no way toobtain them except at Middleport.

Rune magic is sealed into spheres called Rune Shells, and it's power is instantly magnified, then fired by passing it through a lens-like cannon. The larger Rune Shells are said to even have the power to destroy a ship with one single shot.

The components needed to comnstruct Rune Shells are currently unknown.

There is even a theory that the material was summoned from another world by a wizard with extraordinary summoning spells.

At first glance, this theory seems nonsensical, but it is also true that reports of strange creatures appearing and attacking ship began to surface around this time.

It may mean that these two phenomena are somehow related.

Volume 3
Man-hunting Incident
Found in Batholamew's Home on Nay Island

A grievous incident that once occurred on the border between the Scarlet Moon Empire and the Kooluk Empire will be recorded here.

Years of conflict lay between the Scarlet Moon Empire and the Kooluk Empire, and ofr a long time, they would carve away at each others strength.

However, the Scarlet Moon Empire made a proposal and both sides settled on a truce for an indefinite period of time.

Amidst this situation, there was a faction of nobles in the Scarlet Moon Empire side who could not suppress their raging blood.

They had gained distinction in the war against the Kooluk, and it is said that they grew impatient with the truce. Soon, their agitation took the form of "hunting".

They attacked small border villages, one after another. It is said that when they did, they disguised themselves as Kooluk troops.

Perhaps due to this, for a long time this series of incidents was perceived to be over border disputes.

Finally, having found out the true state of things, the tacticians of the Scarlet Moon Empire issued a warning but they said, "This is in oppostition against the Kooluk Army'ssneak attacks," and did not listen.

During this time, a serious incident occured where a subordinate of the tacticians used some kind of great power to murder the faction of nobles.

This tactician was banished immediately from the Scarlet Moon Empire. However, it is siad that no more cases of man hunting were reported after this incident.

I will post Old Books 5, 9 and 10 by tonight. :wink:
-- CML --

patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Much thanks you for posting these. It's an interesting read, especially Volume 3 which I believe depicts the past story between Elenor and Cray. :)

Sesshomaru, you should always edit your posts instead of posting many times in a row.
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

sorry........................ this prolly will have spelling mistakes in it.

Old Book 5./>?.

Lets start by buying something at the trading post in town.
That is the first step.

Next. let's try selling those goods in a different town.
If the price is higher than when you bought it, the difference is your profit.

IF the price when you bought it is highee then you will take the loss. Try looking for a town somewhere else where you can sell it for more.

As you buy and sell, you will learn what is cheap and what is expensive in which towns.

Once you got that down making money is a snap!

Theres one more important point......

Among the goods there are some whose rnak will go up if you trade them over and over again. Ores and clothes work this way.

Higher ranked good will sell for higher prices, so your profits will also increase.

Now, with this, you are already a respectable merchant.....

A merchant in trading, that is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old book 6!!! armor part

Defensive equipment, such as armor, can be made by the following 3 steps:

1. Collecting Material

Primarily this material is ore. SUpplementary materials such as horns and scales are also used sometimes.

2. Go to a smithy

Once you have all the material, hire a smithy that can combine them for you. You cannot make it yourself. Hire a pro in the appropriate field..

3. Combining

At this point, you must be warned about the quality of the ore. The material may be the same but depending on the ore's quality, the finished product will differ. The attributes and price differ greatly. So pay close attention to the ore quality.

Maybe some more later on...
STYX!!
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Here are Old Books Volumes 9 and 10

Volume 9
The El-Eal Battle
Found in Razril Hall of Knights near the staircase in the meeting hall

The Kooluk Empire's expansion into the south commenced with the completion of a strong fort in El-Eal, the southernmost point of the nation, and the formation of three new fleets.

Feeling threated by this, the Gaien Dukedom dispatched the Knights of Razril and the fleet affiliated with Middleport to El-Eal and launched a sneak attack.

However, the assault was foiled in no time at all by the counterattack launched by the 1st Kooluk Fleet, and the Gaien Dukedom Military was forced to withdraw.

After this, Kooluk forces invaded Middleport, stationing troop there. The Kooluk forces later left after Middleport agreed to establish itself as an independent city.

Presently, though Fort El-Eal is somewhat on the stagnant side. It is said that it is steadily making preparations to advice southward.

Volume 10
The Story of Creation
Won in the mini-game in Nay-Kobold Settlement, choose 5 mice and Icy

The 27 True Runes are born.

First, there was Darkness. Darkness lived in the long, long chasm of time.

Having suffered for such a long time in loneliness Darkness finally shed a Tear.

From the Tear two brothers were born. They were Sword and Shield.

Sword proclaimed he could cut through everything, while Shield replied that he could not be wounded by anything.

Thus, they decided they would fights. The battle went on for 7 days and 7 nights.

Sword cut through Shield,
and Shield shattered Sword,

Pieces of Sword rained down to make the sky. Pieces of Shield rained down to make the earth. Their battle flashes became the stars.

Finally the 27 jewels that had once adorned Sword and Shield became the 27 True Runes, and thereupon arose the world.

After this we will still need 2 and 7 to complete the collection if it's not too much trouble. If 7 isn't posted by tonight I will post it.
-- CML --

taloony

Post by taloony »

I'm not the only one who doesn't want to play that spinning game to get V.2, I take it. : p
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

The Top game is more of luck rather than skill :cry:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i obtained the book a while ago. the top game is pretty easy, but of course mistakes cannot be prevented easily--gotta go perfect for 20 rounds. anyway, i'll post it by the end of the... week. yes.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Book 2
"Lives of Pirates"

The rods jutting out to the front and back...

Due to their outlandish appearance, pirate ships came to be commonly called "Six Masts" and greatly feared.

Edgar
The man called the Pirate King. Lived on the sea, died on the sea.

Brandeau
The man who was Edgar's partner. However, after Edgar's death, he changed greatly. He is feared as the man who invites death.

Kika
A pirate who sails among the island nations. She has many allies, but also many enemies due to the fact that is hostile towards Cray Trading Company. It is said that the thing she wears around ther neck is Pirate King Edgar's second cervical vertebra. It seems she is currently in pursuit of Brandeau.

----------
Book 7
Easy Way to Make Defensive Equipment Clothes Chapter"

Now, we will explain the 3 steps to having clothes tailored:

1. Collect Material

Clothes are made out of cloth, such as linen and silk. Supplementary materials, such as feathers and seashells, are also sometimes used.

2. Go to a Tailor

After getting the materials, it's now time to have it made. Hire the services of a tailor.

3. Completion

At this point, you must be warned abuot the quality of the cloth. The material may be the same, but depending on the cloth's quality, the finished clothing will differ.
Try various combinations.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Thank you for posting these! I couldn't get around to writing down 7, so I was hoping someone would post it. I really appreciate it! These are very interesting to read.
-- CML --

Mark

Post by Mark »

Here's the list of all books and its contents:

http://suikoden.pkmn-source.net/index.p ... hq-library
Visit the best Suikoden resources online!
-http://suikoden-network.com-