Making Geddoe the *spoiler*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think if you have a true rune when your 17, your body will stay 17 until the rune is removed, when the rune is removed your body will either not be able to function without the rune {because its so used to the rune},or rapidly speed up the aging process {to catch up with your real age that you should be}, and the body would'nt be able to endure that rapid aging and so, you would die

the first ex is former FC , he lived with sanar after have been carried a TFR and he said 50year fire-ceased from harmonia 's long enough for him to be with his love so that mean after split up with the rune , he aged normally and died.
the flame champion lived with sana for only a few years before he died. this would indicate he couldnt survive without his rune since he had it for a while, or it could be that the way he forced the TFR from him{sindarian technique}, shortened his life span
the second ex is hmm I dunt remember his name Is it Clay or
Graham or smthing? the last enemy in suik IV , as he was once holding True rune of punishment and then to escape the curse , he cut off his right arms and he's still living for so long just to died in suik IV(lol).

graham cray only had the rune for a year or so{not eactly sure} but not long enough for his aging to be affected, his saving grace was being able to seperate from the rune of punishment with his life intact

and the third exam 'd be Ted he lost his true rune twice , the first time by giving it to the fogship captain , through the story didn't describe how long had he given it to the Captain but I believe it'd be more than 10years until he found Hero IV and once again he gave it to Tir and he still live long enough to died just a bit before the war in suik I ends.
Ted didn't age because the fogship captain granted him immortality while ted was on the fog ship, so ted did not age on the fogship, why he looks older in 4 and younger in 1 is a mystery,probably an artist thing
Dooz

Post by Dooz »

son_michael wrote:I think if you have a true rune when your 17, your body will stay 17 until the rune is removed, when the rune is removed your body will either not be able to function without the rune {because its so used to the rune},or rapidly speed up the aging process {to catch up with your real age that you should be}, and the body would'nt be able to endure that rapid aging and so, you would die
But strangely enough, I remember reading on suikox.com that if they are a kid and inherit a true rune, you still age, but very slow. Would 17 be considered a kid still, or is that old enough?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yes your right, the true runes will make there bearers age up to a certain point and then keep them that age until the rune is removed. However that dosent disprove my theories

The reasons the true runes do this is because the bearers bodies are at the peak of perfection at those ages and as such, they are suitable hosts to the runes
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, the True Rune can cause a bearer to age if they receive it pre-adolescent. The ones we have seen, in which the bearer received them at a young age, such as Ted who received the Soul Eater rather young, have been allowed to mature to the age of adolescence before ceasing the aging process of the body. But, that may be the Rune of Life and Death's preference.

As for the Rune of Punishment, it does not actually grant agelessness (or we can't confirm that it does) until the person moves it into its forgiveness phase because they will all die if they don't get it to do so. So, Cray never had a chance as he cut off the his arm that bore the Rune of Punishment rather shortly after he received it, but most likely he would have died from using it in the first place.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

demon eye wrote:Actually, the True Rune can cause a bearer to age if they receive it pre-adolescent.
I didn't say it cant if your refering that correction to me, and I said that the rune will allow the bearer to age up until a certain point{meaning from there adolescense and up} when there at there peak in there life. Do you dissagree with me on this? cause im preety sure what we both said is the same thing unless you read my post wrong
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I wasn't correcting you at all. It was just for clarrifying because we don't actually know that adolescence is the peak age for True Runes. I had no problem with what you were saying at all.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

k, I was confused at why you would correct me, when what you said was the same thing that I said, the reason I thought you corrected me was because your post was directly after mine and with no quote, I thought that your statement was refering to the previous post{which was my statement]

anyway no harm done,thanks for clearing up the confusion