The strongest mage to ever usable in suikoden games.

Hypotheses for, and analyses of, the various Suikoden characters.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Oppenheimer wrote:Doesn't Crowley have the potential to get 9/9/9/9 for his spells as well? I don't think anyone else does, not Geddoe, that's for sure.

Although the point is well taken about getting the character earlier in the game as Crowley cannot be recruited until your castle already has most of its members.
While Crowley does have the potential to have 9/9/9/9 for his spells a lot of people in Suikoden I had a ridiculous amount of MP, I.E. Luc and Teengar.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Dark Fox

Post by Dark Fox »

Yes Luc's magic ability is indeed ridiculously high in Suikoden I i'm not to sure about Suikoden II though, can anyone confirm that?

What about Hellion? She was quite a good Mage, in my opinion that is.
Last edited by Dark Fox on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I, Dark Fox have been commanded to hunt fugitives from the law!"
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Dark Fox wrote:Yes Luc's magic ability is indeed ridiculously high in Suikoden I i'm not to sure about Suikoden II though, can anyone confirm that?

What about Hellion? She was quite a good Mage, in opinion that is.
IN S1 I noticed that eventhough Luc was signifigantly lower lvl than hellion, he still had a hell of alot more Magic stat.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Hellion was rather mediocre. Her most significant contribution to the army wasn't her mad magic skillz, but the mirror.
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai

Post by Harmonian Bishop Sasarai »

1.Hikusaak:Well if Luc and Sasarai are clones imagine the original.

2.Sasarai: Ok a little biased but whos isnt? Anway I also remember hearing that Sasarai and i think Luc and Lazlo are the only 3 that have ever mastered there true runes in an extremely short amout of time. Plus he is a powerful bishop in Harmonia and isnt he the original clone?

3. Jeane:Who would ever do anything that this beauty doesnt like especially after Kid.

4. Crowley: I have a feeling that he has been rejected by the true runes and that is why he seeks to match their power but quantity cant beat quality. Dramatization:If someone were fighting him with 1 really good sword(true rune) and Crowley had 100 rusty old swords(regular runes) eventually the more he has it serves to be useless and not make him stronger (doesnt have to work like that though but its how i see it).

Noticable mentions: Cindar ruler: Must be strong to have been cursed.
Luc: Strong but too suicidal.
Last edited by Harmonian Bishop Sasarai on Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Crowley and Warlock seem to be equals.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

You also forgot Mazus.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Mazus is almost certainly weaker than Crowley, for two reasons: he "revived" after Crowley, and was his student.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai

Well the true best mage in Suikoden is (drum roll please) VIKI!!!!!!
She is in every game. She can teleport so no one can catch her. And there are atleast two of them imagine if they were more it would be a Viki army.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

An army of viki's *shudder* Viki isn't the only one that can teleport though. Sarah could in SIII

I felt this topic was more a matter of opinion anyhow since one could argue that Crowley was lying or bluffing about a 100 runes on his body. Also sometimes the apprentice does succedd the master.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Crowley doesn't seem like the type to lie. Besides, it's already been stated that Crowley was only using a fraction of his power during the gate rune wars. As I've said multiple times, Crowley is probably the best mage we've seen in Suikoden thus far.

Also, Jowy, I have to wonder how Warlock and Crowley would stack up to each other. The only thing is, it seems that Crowley specializes moe so in Runic magic than Warlock. I"m basing this off Warlock and the whole giant tree thing. It would seem that his magical interest lie elsewhere than achieving true rune power like Crowley.
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Crowley doesn't seem like the type to lie. Besides, it's already been stated that Crowley was only using a fraction of his power during the gate rune wars. As I've said multiple times, Crowley is probably the best mage we've seen in Suikoden thus far.

Also, Jowy, I have to wonder how Warlock and Crowley would stack up to each other. The only thing is, it seems that Crowley specializes moe so in Runic magic than Warlock. I"m basing this off Warlock and the whole giant tree thing. It would seem that his magical interest lie elsewhere than achieving true rune power like Crowley.
Only a fraction of his powers? Thanks for joining my army and not trying Crowley!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

I doubt he would want to use the full amount of his power outright. I mean, it was he and Mazus who made the Senana desert by unleashing their powers. Your army was trying to reclaim toran, not lay waste to it.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Harmonian Bishop Sasarai wrote:Well the true best mage in Suikoden is (drum roll please) VIKI!!!!!!
She is in every game. She can teleport so no one can catch her. And there are atleast two of them imagine if they were more it would be a Viki army.
You know, in III, I attached the Pale Gate Rune to her, and improved her skills with it, and OMG! She was amazing in battle with it. Although, a few times, it backfired.....LOL
Playing Suikoden III......
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai

Moonbay wrote:
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai wrote:Well the true best mage in Suikoden is (drum roll please) VIKI!!!!!!
You know, in III, I attached the Pale Gate Rune to her, and improved her skills with it, and OMG! She was amazing in battle with it. Although, a few times, it backfired.....LOL
Ya why do her spells back fire i hate that? Is it because of her sneezing or ditziness? Im pretty sure Young Viki doesnt do that though.