Yellow bar at bottom of combat screen

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Tuna Hematoma

Yellow bar at bottom of combat screen

Post by Tuna Hematoma »

I've done a search, and looked in the book and I have no idea what it means. The bar is sometimes short, sometimes very long... anyone know what it means?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It tells you when you can do that "all" attack against enemies. Not sure how they translated it in the US version. The attack where the hero collects energy from everyone else to attack all enemies while he gets healed.

When the yellow bar is full, you can do that attack.
Joel

Post by Joel »

It's called "Rush for some reason, and it's really powerful.
Luko

Post by Luko »

I pretty much stopped using it after the moving island "little beforehand but it helped on his tentacles no matter the damage"

Only seems to do like around 200 damage, I don't think its useful on bosses and sure if you remember the bar is full it can be used on 1 annoying radom encounter but i don't constantly check the bottom of my screen XD. Maybe it will get stronger at some point...

Don't get me wrong there isn't a penalty for using it...maybe just time.
You call that an army? Where's your castle?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It cancels out the enemies' movement for one turn. That's sort of useful, eh.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Rush is really good, especially when you're trying to beat the Trainign sectons.
It prvents enemy from doing an action, while triggers your end of the turn abilities (Medicine Rune for example).
It does ~200-300 damage to all enemies esentially for free.
It heals Hero fully I think.

In training section it is common for hero to die on the fourth round (I use RoPunishment a lot), so I begine the fith round by healing Hero, attacking all enemies and often acivating Medicine Rune all without enemies getting their turn.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You know, In my honest opinion, the rune of punishment isn't that handy... yet.. maybe. I have the first three spells and while they're ok, you can use a Fire Rune that will do the same amount of damage without the HP Penalty which makes a lot more sense to me than senselessly giving up 30/50 HP plus MP to cast a spell.
I hope everything is going delicious.
~Troy~

Post by ~Troy~ »

Yea after about the moving island Rush becomes pretty much usely in damage. Pretty much it's only good for if you want to heal the Hero character or take care of one of those all to frequint and annoying random encounters quick. By the way the Rune of Punishment does pretty much suck other than the level 4 part that does 500 damage to all enemies and heals party 500.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you have auto-heal stuff on characters, do they get the auto-heal after Rush? i am assuming so cuz of the Medicine Rune effect. i'm wondering what else you can take advantage of...
adversary

Post by adversary »

if you;re referring to the sunbeam rune, yes they do get healed afater using rush.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well. there is auto-healing equipment too, and i think there is one item you can put on during battle to gradually heal some HP for some rounds.
SuperHero

Post by SuperHero »

is there a way to charge the yellow bar during battle? or is the rush command once per battle kind of thing?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's definitely only a one-time deal, and you'll have drained the bar. you can only get it filled a bit by finishing a fight
GordianKnot

Post by GordianKnot »

Is the Rush command the same as the "One Slice" command I remember hearing about when the Japanese version was released?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The "Rush" command and the "Once Slice" (Slash Rune) are separate things.