special scenes (including Antique combinations for Bath)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
pkubit

Post by pkubit »

You can sleep in one of the open coffins in Neclord's castle - it's in the top right corner of a big ol' coffin room. Tir's "yes/no" choices to sleeping in the creepy coffin are kinda funny, if I remember right.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

omg :shock: If only I knew about this coffin thing, I would have save time in finishing this part of the game ! :P
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Blue Thunder wrote:Also, if you're up for it, you can leave Gregminster before going upstairs and having Ted thrown into your party. If you save at the inn and fight outside and raise your level enough, you can try to cross Tigerwolf pass into Sarady (the snowy town) and talk to a man in a house there. He will reward you with a Propserity Rune.

Likewise, you can add Ted into your party and instead of going to your room, head to Sarady and get a Fortune Rune. But you cannot get both the Fortune and Prosperity Runes, only one from this hidden little side quest.

If you kill Kwanda instead of recruit him, Windy will appear and talk to you for a bit.
correction: you get the Prosperity w/Ted, Fortune alone.

the Kwanda/Windy bit is interesting, i never killed generals! might have to play again >_<
Last edited by KFCrispy on Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nash L.

Post by Nash L. »

Blue Thunder wrote: The little boy that Odessa died saving is in the Lenankamp sewers at the end of the game.

Woah, I always wondered what that boy was doing there during an attack. Interesting. I'm gonna play again to see it and the Windy scene; I never killed a general too, although, I did wished to see Milich dead. :wink:
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Poor Milich he's always getting such a bad rap. It was black rune's fault I tell you!
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I killed Milich the first time I played, simply becaues I felt all their anger at the time, other than that I was just a kid wanting to see someone get messed up. When I saw it happen, I just laughed because out of nowhere Camille just lunges at him and boom, he's dead. :lol:
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I've killed Kawanda. His head falls/is cut off I think. I don't think I played it after he died to see any other scenes though. I just wanted to see if it'd actually let me.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

The first time I played the game I didn't understood the purpose of the 108 stars so I killed both. Except the scene mentionned above, I can tell you there are no others.
Well, in the end I should have dated Tir before the end of the war...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i killed Milich BY ACCIDENT because i was skipping through text and wasn't sure what i was supposed to choose as dialogue. immediately restarted from my last save.... but this was well before i knew you could have Pahn live and all that good stuff with Gremio, so it wouldn't have affected much of the game i guess.
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I just saw this one yesterday. Talk to the items shopkeeper in Gregminster before you talk to Kraze to go to Magician's Island, at the very beginning of the game. The shopkeeper says something along the lines of "Oh, hello Gremio. How did the banquet go last night? I'll send you your bill at the end of the month, as usual." Then you can buy stuff.

That gives some backstory to Camille's tracking of Gremio. The banquet bill that she was collecting on was the bill Gremio had racked up at the items store in Gregminster.