Mystery Music tracks?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Kaoru

Mystery Music tracks?

Post by Kaoru »

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone who's an expert in Suikoden II music could clear something up for me.

Okay, I'll start from the beginning: a few years ago, I aquired a program on my computer that allowed me to rip and convert the movie scenes and music tracks from certain video games. I used it to get some movies off of FFVIII.

So, out of curiosity I placed my Suikoden II game (U.S. Version) into my comp and tried it. I got no movies but I did get the music tracks. There are 8 in total which are all .wav files and some of them have more than one theme on it. Such as one has the opening theme for when you're naming your character etc. and then that goes into some background sounds (such as the birds chirping in the forest--the one by Ryube) I even have the Annalee song that you can't hear in the U.S. version of the game.

Now, here's where I'm a little curious about something. I've been listening to some of the soundtracks that I've ripped off for years now, but I've come to realize that a few of them are not in the game when you're playing it... or at least, not that I remember.

Does anyone know where this comes from?: *Sorry, link taken down to save on bandwidth ^^; *
(the link will open up to a page and play--if the page refuses to come up, that means my bandwidth got used up so please try again later) -- the file is about 1.16MB but should play on the player I embedded. It's about 5 minutes long--the first song is the one I don't know, and the second is the song Annalee sings you (but comes up silent in the U.S. version)

At the end you'll hear some sound effects, such as footsteps after some night time sounds. There's another one that I have that has what sounds like footsteps and then someone trying to open a door O_o

So yeah, I'd appreciate if anyone can shed some light on these "mystery music tracks" XD I think there's about 4 more music tracks that I have that I dont' remember hearing in the game

Thanks everyone~!

~ Kaoru
Last edited by Kaoru on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hm, this is on the Soundtrack i got a hold of long ago. really nice, isn't it?

i don't know what happened to this in terms of the game. maybe they were working on an intro but decided to can the project (but didn't bother to get rid of this track in case they still wanted to use it somewhere) and use a different song. don't quote me on this at all. mere speculation.

haha it's the same singer for both singers. maybe they had a legal issue or something with the singer and thus weren't allowed to play it in the game...............
Odessa Silverberg

Post by Odessa Silverberg »

Yes Kaoru, that first song is Suikoden 1 and 2's theme of sadness ('Requiem of Grief'). It's the first time I hear it as a song, so I guess it's not in the US version of the game, perhaps it's an extra in the sound track; the other one was also in Suioden 1, and it's part of the opening theme too, if I am not mistaken.

They are very beautiful, the songs and the voice. 'Requiem of Grief' has always been my favourite, but I had never heard it being sung before. I am very impressed. I must thank you for putting them here. Thank you very much.
Last edited by Odessa Silverberg on Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not disappear..."
- Mathiu Silverberg -
Kaoru

Post by Kaoru »

Ah okie, thanks for the info ^__^ At least now I know the name of the song. I can only understand a little bit of it through what little spanish I took in school (yes, I know it's Italian, but some words are similar)

I did find that Requiem of grief song in the Celtic Collection I had it turns out, but of course, no words.

Ah, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take the link down now to save on bandwidth and such since I've got other things running on that bandwidth

But, like I said, I have some other songs that I dont' remember hearing in the game as well. (there's one with some odd gothic church choir-ish music, and another agian with I guess I"ll call her "Anallee's voice" singing with what sounds like a whole bunch more people in the background. Such as one that sounds like I believe the theme to Two River city (or maybe it's the Winger's city) but the melody is much that of "Currents" from Suiko Gaiden.

Hahaha not to mention a whole bunch more background noise that I dont' remember hearing at all O__o

--Ah, there's even this one with those odd Doremi Elf-ish type monsters you encounter in the forrests. They sing "Do re mi fa so la ti do" (rathar off key I might add... O_o )

If I have time, perhaps I'll put them up if anyone here might help me identify the ones I dont' know or at least to share them since it sounds like I've come across stuff not many people have heard before ^___^

Odessa Silverburg

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed the music. ^___^

-- On a side note, I think I shall put in my Suikoden I disc and see if I can't extract something else interesting XD

~ Kaoru
Odessa Silverberg

Post by Odessa Silverberg »

The theme is called 'Requiem of Grief'. The Italian song is called 'La Mia Tristezza'. If you search for that, you will easily find the lyrics along with the English translation.. but the song itself is a bit rare.

I think Two River's song is called 'Due Fiumi'. Isn't it the same as Suiko Gaiden's opening song?

There are many other Suikoden songs on the original sound track that are not in the game. The ones you couldn't recognise are probably some of them.
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not disappear..."
- Mathiu Silverberg -
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Then what about the one in Tinto? The one that was used for Suikogaiden Vol 2? I like that song but I can't find it (or the soundtrack anywhere).
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Kaoru

Post by Kaoru »

The opening song for Suiko Gaiden II, I believe is called "Withered Earth"....I think...

Hmm... I got the Mp3 for the song somewhere....I think it was on some site for Orrizonte.

========================

Well, I looked into some of the other "hidden songs" I pulled off the disc and it turns out I also have the "Due Fiumi" song and another song called "La Passione Commuove La Storia". (again by the same woman singing in the other songs) I might even have this thing that sounds like cathedral/gothic church chanting.

Yeah, Due Fiumi has the same melody as the opening to Suiko Gaiden I, but it's different. The opening to Suiko Gaiden I is called "Currents" sung by Orrizonte. ^^ It's more upbeat and such and completely different lyrics, but yeah, you probably knew that already XD

What I'm really wondering about now is actually about a few of the sound effects that seem to be on the disc as well. I don't remember hearing them in the game anywhere ^^;

~ Kaoru
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

You can find lots of missing stuff, such as muusic, sound effects, and graphics
hidden on game CD's. Somtimes even text files of dialoge no in the game and a lot more. It's usally stuff that the devs wanted in the game but had to be cut and they didn't bother removing the files. That or they left it on there for fans to find (both are proboly true at differn't times)

And example, I can finds tons of stuff on the Arena and Daggerfall CD's thats not in the game.
Villain

Post by Villain »

Hey Kaoru, I'm wondering what program did you use to rip the files from the cd. I've been looking around for one but I haven't had much luck finding one.