Futch in Greenhill student mission = not a Matilda glitch?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Chaos_Zero

Futch in Greenhill student mission = not a Matilda glitch?

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I haven't played the game in awhile, but if memory serves me right, the Greenhill student mission (the one where you have to choose only young members of the army), takes place before your first (supposed) non-glitch trip to Matilda.

Well with the 'Matilda glitch', Futch would be in your ranks at the point of the student mission, correct?

Well, when you choose which young characters to take with you, Futch is chooseable!

Is this a glitch in itself, or a hint? Futch is young, and would definately be a candidate to take part in the Greenhill student mission if he were SUPPOSED to be in the story at this point.

The only thing though, is that when it's his turn to speak during this mission, he would respond with, "..." or "%$@#$%@%$@#" (I can't remember which).

Well, then there's this one time I played through the game, and at that very mission, Hai Yo was pickable. I don't know his age, but by his Cooking Missions, I would assume he's older than any student. When he spoke it'd be the normal "@#%$#%@$#" nonsense...

That, and on other playthroughs, he wasn't pickable...

So what do you all think? Futch being pickable in Greenhill a glitch, or supposed to happen?
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

Officially the reason given why the game allows Futch to be taken to Greenhill is because at one point the school section was after the Matilda section.

The coding was therefore left in because it would be too much effort to remove as people shouldn't have been able to view it anyway. As a result one line (the roll-call to Emilia) was not listed as something needing translation, so it comes out in gibberish on all non-Japanese versions (PAL included.)

Whether you wish to argue that Konami deliberately left in the Matilda glitch as a means to view hidden scenes, such as this and L.C.Chan in Rockaxe, which were taken out or moved due to rewrites is another matter.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Similarly, Sheena has his own lines for the Greenhill Mission, but there is no possible way you can get him there at that time. You'd need to use a gameshark or something.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

SARSadmin, i was wondering what they actually say since you have the japanese version... and if you can cheat device Sheena in that would be interesting too... but don't worry if you can't do it cuz you have to play a large amt into the game..
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Actually, Ayda also has her unique script, so I will write them down here as a translation. This is in order of the script's appearance--

Ayda--

"Yes."
"Yes."
"Seems like there are no ghosts."
"Pilika?"
"Where is Flik?"
"Have you seen Flik?"
"........"
"Maybe it will appear, tonight..."
"It's not a cat..."
"......"
".............."
"Oh?......"
"Flik......"
"Ahead of here..."
"Dead end..."
"........."
"So today is the last...day"
"School..."
"Aren't you saying bye to Nina?"
"What about the secret path from yesterday?"
"We managed to evade them..."
"What's wrong, Nanami?"
"What is your intention?"
"So you ask us to obey Luca?"

Sheena

"Yes"
"Yes"
"You pdidn't get enough sleep because you were afraid of the ghost, wern't you?"
"Oh is that true? Eh, Pilika?"
"Where is Flik wasting his time at."
"So, where is Flik?"
"Who the hell are they?"
"Pilike seems confused."
"Who cares if it's a cat or a ghost, lets get it fast."
"No way this could be a ghost."
"What the..."
"Hahahaha"
"Man, it's just Flik."
"So it must be ahead?"
"Just another dead end."