Just started to play, couple questions

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Exodus

Just started to play, couple questions

Post by Exodus »

firstly, who exactly have we named when we create a new game?

secondly, i've been looking at the monster drop list, and i tried to get some of the 'rare' items to drop. exactly how rare are we talking about? i was on chris' ch. 2 trying to get a dark hare to drop a toy boat in yaza plains. i've killed at least 100 of these things, and not one dropped a boat. if this is how often rare items (don't) drop, then how often do very rare ones drop?
Belle

Re: Just started to play, couple questions

Post by Belle »

Exodus wrote:firstly, who exactly have we named when we create a new game?
The Flame Champion.
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

i thought the flame champion was to be one of the 3 main characters
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

No, he's just a guy who gets mentioned alot and has alot to do with the overall plot of Suikoden 3. (Don't want to spoil anything.)

You never play as him.

Secondly, it's called a rare find for a reason. It'll probably be a while before the first one pops up but after that you should be able to find more pretty easily.
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

if he's suppose to be nameless (at least according to the character list on the site), why do we give him a name?
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

Just because they don't mention his name doesn't mean he is nameless. And the reason they don't give name is because they want you to be a part of the game and name him yourself.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

You can also eventually name your Flame Championn (Hugo, Chris or Geddoe) the name you gave the Flame Champion - at Brass Castle they can adopt the original name (the name you gave at the start) so that's another reason.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Exodus wrote:i thought the flame champion was to be one of the 3 main characters
Technically the Flame Champion will be one of the 3 main characters. ;)
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

*coughs politely* Uhm, didn't anyone take Jowy's hint?
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

Fliktor wrote:You can also eventually name your Flame Championn (Hugo, Chris or Geddoe) the name you gave the Flame Champion - at Brass Castle they can adopt the original name (the name you gave at the start) so that's another reason.
do they HAVE to take that name, or is it optional? you say 'can adopt' so i assume its not an automatic name change. (and i ask because the name i put at the beginning is no good. ;) )
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

No it's not required to name your hero after the Flame Champion.

And on behalf of everyone involved, sorry for spoiling the game for you. We get pretty excited about these things. :x

:D
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

not to worry, nothing was said that i didn't already know. and even if i didn't, its not THAT big a spoiler. ;)
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Glad to hear you knew in advance. I had something else from this particular game spoiled for me, so I'm sensitive towards the possibilities :)