how big is harmonia?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
gookiephoenix

how big is harmonia?

Post by gookiephoenix »

how big is harmonia? and is konami said already that harmonia will be included in a another suiko series?

the phoenix is reborn and he will conquer everything on his path #20
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

THe only thing we know about harmonia's size is that it's the largest's counrty in the Suiko world. As far as Harmonia being in a Suikoden, some speculated that it it'll proably be in the last Suikoden, but there is'nt any word from Konami yet.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Do we know even that? I was under the impression that it was large by some nebulous undefined definition of the world. Does some source from Konami confirm that it is the -largest- nation in the Suikoworld? If so, I would be more intrigued by the implications.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

This is a geographic map of the Suikoden World at http://www.suikox.com (SARSAdmin's website.) Harmonia is pretty big, it's the area north of Dunan.

http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.html

As for future games, I think it's possible Harmonia will be mentioned if not able to visit.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

*jawdrops* Holy Mother of God, where the hell'd we get that from???

Erm *recovers* It still doesn't prove Harmonia's the largest; most of Falena does not appear to be shown.

Wow. Just... wow.
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The boundaries of that map are speculation. So far Konami haven't yet revealed a map showing exactly how the Suikoden III area connects to the Suikoden II one so there may be some positional movement required for the bit we do know about.

Harmonia apparently also spreads onto a second continent, but whether there are any land bridges or if there is a seperation by water remains to be seen.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

All that has been said from Konami is that Harmonia's size is immense, and they compare it to Russia.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

You could also summise Harmonia's size due to it's history, military power and ambition. It's safe to assume (without knowing Konami's statement likening it to Russia) that Harmonia will be immense because it's the oldest known nation in the Suikoden timeline; it has connections everywhere (be it due to old wars or military backgrounds), people from all over go to Harmonia to study at Crystal Valley so you would assume it has a large collection of lore and knowledge, and also their thirst for expantion and True Runes would hardly be quenched by living in a small land.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Wait a second, they extend to a second continent? I never knew that.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
flame_champ

Post by flame_champ »

that map was very accurate!I saw another one not so long ago, but this one was much more precise.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That's because I traced the official map from Konami on tracing paper, scanned it, and then added the other "imaginary portions" myself. However, it's still an unofficial world map. Who knows if Konami would ever publish an accurate world map.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

Where did the second continent speculation come from as I never heard of that one before? Does that mean also that Aronia *kingdom before Harmonia* was in fact a global empire as well as apprently Harmonia is simply Aronia reformed from what I can gather.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

He's not questioning the validity of the source. He mainly wants to know where was that stated. Since that's a really less known fact (I haven't heard of it either) than others, I'd also like to know where that pice of info was stated. (The part about Harmonia being extended to a second continient)
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.