Reduce Obel Ruins enemy levels using dispatch quests

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
srd_27

Reduce Obel Ruins enemy levels using dispatch quests

Post by srd_27 »

I've mentioned in this Starting Level thread that there's an "average party level" value that got used to scale the enemy levels on optional fights.

Turns out, we can reduce this value by removing our high-level party members, if we send them away for the dispatch quests.

In this video example, this trick has reduced the Obel Ruins enemy levels from 20 to 16.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahvSqnye6gI
Note that the effect looks drastic because this is from my NG+ save which only have few high level party members (because most of the kills are done by few mages) while most other characters remain at low level. Because Jewel/Paula/Selma (level 27) are significantly higher than my current "average party level" value, removing them will also significantly reduced the average level as well.

This also affects the starting level of some optional characters, as they're also based on the average party level.

Note that I'm not sure how the "average party level" is actually calculated. My guess is it's the average of X amount of highest level characters, so the unused low-level characters normally doesn't affect the "average party level" value.
Antimatzist

Re: Reduce Obel Ruins enemy levels using dispatch quests

Post by Antimatzist »

A way to test your hypothesis from the last paragraph would be to send out the low level characters on dispatch missions and see how the obel ruin levels are.

Cool finding!
srd_27

Re: Reduce Obel Ruins enemy levels using dispatch quests

Post by srd_27 »

Antimatzist wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:47 am A way to test your hypothesis from the last paragraph would be to send out the low level characters on dispatch missions and see how the obel ruin levels are.

Cool finding!
I've tried to send away about 5-6 of my lowest level characters and the obel ruins level doesnt change, as expected.