Suikoden - Characters dummy ?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
MasterGrand

Suikoden - Characters dummy ?

Post by MasterGrand »

Hello guys

When I modify characters slots from 1 to 6 value, show dummy characters in my members..., how can I make members empty without dummy characters after modify 1 to 6 ?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Julian

Re: Suikoden - Characters dummy ?

Post by Julian »

I'm not really sure what you're asking?

I don't know how the PS1 works (probably somewhat similar), but in the PSP version, when a character is added to your party, a ton of data is copied into memory - battle sprites, portraits, etc. Hot swapping a party member id doesn't really work.
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Julian wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:22 pm I'm not really sure what you're asking?

I don't know how the PS1 works (probably somewhat similar), but in the PSP version, when a character is added to your party, a ton of data is copied into memory - battle sprites, portraits, etc. Hot swapping a party member id doesn't really work.
Hmmm but I need help for PSX, I wonder if Pyriel looking for that ? , Would be greatly appreciated
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

No comments ? :?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I'm sure it's like Julian said. That's how these games have pretty much always worked because no system they've been on has enough memory to store 120+ characters worth of data to make hot-swapping manageable. The cheat method is usually to load a save because the game will cache data for the required characters on load. If you really want to, you can create a code that would load the party swap menu, and that would have the same effect. However, if you're trying add in characters that aren't meant to be in the menu, you may have extra work to do beyond that.