I wish there was a code for the S Rank battles.

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
UltraVegito9002

I wish there was a code for the S Rank battles.

Post by UltraVegito9002 »

This is such a good game, I beaten this game multiple times over the years and I remember grinding all S rank took me a long time, now I feel like replaying the game but, I just want to play it and chill not having to worry about getting S rank but I still want the items rewards from them, I looked all over for a Code that would allow me to get automatic S Rank at the end of all battles, I tried Action Replay, Gameshark and even cheat engine, but found nothing.

TLDR: Does anybody know of a code that would allow me to get instant S rank at the end of battles? (Action Replay or Cheat engine anything.)
Antimatzist

Re: I wish there was a code for the S Rank battles.

Post by Antimatzist »

Wouldn't it be easiee to simply cheat the S Rank items into your inventory?
UltraVegito9002

Antimatzist wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:50 pm Wouldn't it be easiee to simply cheat the S Rank items into your inventory?
Well if there was a code that merely max out what determine rank points every fight it would be way more convenient, but you are right its what I'm doing right now, I can just play the game the way I want without rushing or anything and its way more enjoyable, so far I only got one S rank and it was the Night Sea level somehow I got a S rank which was funny to see.

It is a bit annoying though to stop after every fight to give me the items, but better than not having them at all.

(Edit)

To be honest I would be fine with those S rank if the time limit wasn't there, I hate the feeling of being rush in general in those type of T-RPG, I like to clean and kill everything, so if it wasn't for the turns limits part of it I would probably do them all.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I'll see if I can mess around with how the game tracks the number of turns, which I'm sure is the biggest factor.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Hmm. I'm testing on level 1 of the Obel Ruins, and I've isolated seven values so far (Amount of turns, EXP gained, damage received, and 4 others that I haven't figured out the function of yet) that affect your rank, but turning all of them to their respective extremes still isn't getting me higher than an A rank.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

KingSpilly wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:30 am Hmm. I'm testing on level 1 of the Obel Ruins, and I've isolated seven values so far (Amount of turns, EXP gained, damage received, and 4 others that I haven't figured out the function of yet) that affect your rank, but turning all of them to their respective extremes still isn't getting me higher than an A rank.
S-rank requires you to have lots of characters on positive tiles as well.
UltraVegito9002

KingSpilly wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:30 am Hmm. I'm testing on level 1 of the Obel Ruins, and I've isolated seven values so far (Amount of turns, EXP gained, damage received, and 4 others that I haven't figured out the function of yet) that affect your rank, but turning all of them to their respective extremes still isn't getting me higher than an A rank.
That sound amazing already.

(edit)

Maybe for the turn and damage taken the numbers need to be as low as possible? Since having too much of it is a bad thing in game? So maybe this is why you only get a A since 2 conditions are considered as failed?
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

That's what I meant by "respective extremes". The numbers that raised my rank were cranked up to 2 billion. The numbers that lowered my rank were kept at 0.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

KingSpilly wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:33 am That's what I meant by "respective extremes". The numbers that raised my rank were cranked up to 2 billion. The numbers that lowered my rank were kept at 0.
have you tried looking for the positive tile count as well?
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

It could be one of the previously mentioned unknown variables. I'll check when I have the time.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

There are only five criteria, so the other 2 might do something negative here?
viewtopic.php?p=155223#p155223
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I've found four of the values, but I'm having a hard time finding the Average Damage Rate
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Never mind, I found the value. The problem was that the value doesn't update until the end of the turn, unlike the rest of the values, which update pretty much immediately. Also, from what I can tell, the game keeps track of the total damage you do, not the average damage.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Unfortunately, later versions of PCSX2 make it a bit harder to get consistent addresses for Cheat Engine, so you're going to have to recalculate the addresses yourself. I included the address that keeps track of money so you have an easy point of reference.

Amount of Turns: 00000000
Potch: 0000F7D8
Damage Dealt: 0001F590
Damage Received: 0001F594
EXP: 0001F59C
Turns Ended on Positive Element: 0001F5A0
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

oh damn, this is awesome, would be good to have the info stickied or posted on that "s-rank guide" sticky thread.