[FAQ] Five Flying Squirrels

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

I would do that if I'm at that point of the game, and I just recruited them all today. But soon enough I will try that. I also wanted to say that I discovered that you don't have to save after a squirrel, you just have to go to one of the cities. This is only my theory.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Psychodude

Post by Psychodude »

Red Killey wrote:Unless of couse you want to test this out yourself by making 2 separate files. 1 is where you save everytime after you get 1 squirrel. Do it like 10 times or so and record how much time you need for each squirrel to join. Then second file is where you just try to get all of the squirrels in 1 go. Do this also like 10 times or so and record how much time you need for each squirrel to join.
I would like to see someone do this. The cloud of misinformation around the squirrels is huge. I've seen a walkthrough that stated that if you took one of the non-star squirrels out of your party, you would have to go get them again (like McDhol). I think analization of the games code may be in order (hey, we did it for the war battle defeat speech quotes, didn't we?)
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

is there an order in getting the squirrels?
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

It goes like this:
1.Mukumuku
2.Makumaku
3.Mikumiku
4.Mekumeku
5.Mokumoku
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Patenhire

Post by Patenhire »

i tried the waiting in the same spot method last night, i left my playstation on all ngiht and went to sleep, i woke up and there was still no squrrel :(
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

I didn't get them either lol. Just skipped it all together. Not like they're of any importance.
Buff

Post by Buff »

Drago55 wrote:I didn't get them either lol. Just skipped it all together. Not like they're of any importance.
maybe not, but you get a cool scene when the credits are playing.
Patenhire

Post by Patenhire »

Drago55 wrote:I didn't get them either lol. Just skipped it all together. Not like they're of any importance.
they might not be important for you, but i want my squrrels :(

edit - I got Makumaku!!! :D :D :D for the first time of owning the game in 8 years.....................thats actually quite sad :(
Drago55

Post by Drago55 »

Buff wrote:
Ah. Well didn't know that one. I read that they weren't part of 108 SoD, and that their attacks were lame and stuff. But didn't know they actually appeared in the ending like that. Guess I'll have to give it another shot of getting them. :wink:
Buff

Post by Buff »

Drago55 wrote:
Buff wrote:
Ah. Well didn't know that one. I read that they weren't part of 108 SoD, and that their attacks were lame and stuff. But didn't know they actually appeared in the ending like that. Guess I'll have to give it another shot of getting them. :wink:
yes they appear in the ending credits. don't want to say what happens but i think it's worth getting them just to see that scene.
thecasualoblivion

Post by thecasualoblivion »

There is a trick to this, and its been hinted at in this topic:

Going in and out of towns.

I left my PS1 running for a few hours when I went shopping, and Makumaku still hadn't joined. I went into two river and back out and 10 seconds later he was there. After that, I started on the other three, walking around for no more than two minutes, after which if I hadn't gotten the squirrel, entering forest village or the path to Matilda and then leaving again. It was easy with Mikumiku and Mukumuku, since the towns were right there. Mokomoko was a little trickier, since his spot is a little farther from Forest Village, but after three trips to the town, he joined.

All in all, I got all four in about 20 minutes using this method. I would guess that a random number is generated when you leave a town that controls when you get a squirrel, and that this number resets when you enter/leave the town again.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

thecasualoblivion wrote:All in all, I got all four in about 20 minutes using this method. I would guess that a random number is generated when you leave a town that controls when you get a squirrel, and that this number resets when you enter/leave the town again.
I don't know if this is true or not, but even if it does, it pretty much changes your situation from "having a random number and wait for that number" into "changing your random number into another random number and wait for that new random number" which I don't see to be that helpful.

The idea is still the same, it's random. You can say that going in and out of town resets the number, but how do you know that it would actually be better? It is possible that you went into a town just say 2 seconds before your actual number is up, and since you went into a town, you reset this number and being forced to wait for this new number instead. Hence, making things slower.

So yeah, for me personally, it's still random and there is no direct hard evidence to say that 1 method is better than the other.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Pessu

Post by Pessu »

thecasualoblivion wrote:There is a trick to this, and its been hinted at in this topic:

Going in and out of towns.

I left my PS1 running for a few hours when I went shopping, and Makumaku still hadn't joined. I went into two river and back out and 10 seconds later he was there. After that, I started on the other three, walking around for no more than two minutes, after which if I hadn't gotten the squirrel, entering forest village or the path to Matilda and then leaving again. It was easy with Mikumiku and Mukumuku, since the towns were right there. Mokomoko was a little trickier, since his spot is a little farther from Forest Village, but after three trips to the town, he joined.

All in all, I got all four in about 20 minutes using this method. I would guess that a random number is generated when you leave a town that controls when you get a squirrel, and that this number resets when you enter/leave the town again.
I confirm this one. I got makumaku in 5 minutes. I've played S2 trought 5 times never getting him. I stand next to two river's kobolb section for about 30 seconds -> go into the town, check inv -> repeat. Also check inv before entering two river.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Pessu wrote: I confirm this one. I got makumaku in 5 minutes. I've played S2 trought 5 times never getting him. I stand next to two river's kobolb section for about 30 seconds -> go into the town, check inv -> repeat. Also check inv before entering two river.
I don't mean to burst your bubble but I think it's random for getting them. You were just lucky this time. It doesn't have anything to do with going into a town or not.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

not trying to get off topic but i thought of something

Did you ever wonder like i did all the time. that when you first enter the southern city-state, after fleeing muse, that all the squirrels you had to fight if they were related to mukumuku and if so what did he think about it. i would be upset if i was him, watching someone kill all my cousins. wouldn't you. i mean isn't it funny they all wear the red cape like mukumuku, i mean doesn't that say something. what do you think
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends